Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Question for Seanchei

Hello, I was wondering why you never had a photo shoot with Madison/Christine in LA??? Im sure you know of her. She was in TP10. A real beauty. :P

I used to subscribe to Yum for a long while but I found the pics to be too softcore.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Not sure who she is - can you post her pic?

SMY is mainly a solo girl site which is it's intention.
    thanks
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Seanchai, I would be forever grateful if you could give some tips on how to get in on your side of the business..like running a pay website..or even how to sell photoshoots..any tips would be appreciated. I have been developing ideas for a t-girl site that has NEVER been done before. I think I'm on to something too....I have so many ideas actually.
    Thanks sir.

1. If you want to be a photographer - then go shoot! If you're looking for exclusively working with a site like our photographers do, then contact me at admin@grooby.com with samples and location as well as details of you're equpiment, we only look for photographers in area that aren't covered already.

2. Starting a site. Unless you have a huge budget ($100k+) or have an idea which is so extremely different from anybody else out there OR have some special way of marketing, then don't do it. Most sites fail because they can set up but then lose their way in not being able to maintain while gaining members over a year or more to make them sustainable.

Sorry if it sounds negative but I'd hate to be thinking about getting into the business now.
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Thanks alot Seanchai...I had no idea sites cost that much. I definitely plan to do some shoots soon, also some movies. I have been in contact with a few girls in Indiana, Chicago, and Canada . I have a buddy who has done shoots of like 17 ladies to far and some amateur movies. All the ladies are older, he calls it T-Milfs...his sister hangs with alot of girls who shoot for him really cheap cause they are friends

I'm not a businessman,
    I'm a BUSINESS MAN!

Veteran Poster

Thanks for the time seanchai. Im having a problem posting pics. The girl in question was mentioned in an earlier thread. I'll bring it up to the front page. There are pics of her there. Thanks

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Adam, I think Seanchi is over-exagerating things a bit on the cost of start-up.

Anyone with a good idea can make something work if they try hard enough.

email me at hondarobot@yahoo.com. Lets talk, I've got lots of ideas too, and all the equipment, and access to the girls (at least here in Minneapolis).

Jeff

I've heard others say the same amount was needed for start-up, so I tend to believe seanchi. For some reason I think he knows of what he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    Adam, I think Seanchi is over-exagerating things a bit on the cost of start-up.
    Ok maybe $70k-$100k you could start something up.
    Whatever, long gone are the days when you can start a site with a few sets and build.
    Figure Three months:
    Figure site design minimum $2000
    Visa set-up $600
    50 girls to start site minimum $25,000
    First 8 weeks at 5 new models a week $20,000
    Google or other advertising - $1000-$2000 per month - 3 months $3000-$6000
    Server - anywhere from $1000-$3000 a month depending on size and speed. $3000-$9000 if renting.
    Password protection, hotels, gas to get models, lingerie/photo expenses,etc

It's reasonable for a site with out any background or built in market (ie; you're not linked to existing sites or DVD's or are a named model/superstar) could have 300 members after three months at $20 a member (income =$6000 a month - credit card fees of approx 14.5%.
    You can start to see the sums...
    [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    Anyone with a good idea can make something work if they try hard enough.
    If only this was true 3 out of 5 of my great ideas wouldn't have failed despite having a shit load of work and money put into them!

I support anyone who does have a good idea especially in this community and there are plenty of webmasters and models out there that I've given advice to, however my main advice would be....do this as a hobby with your spare income and if it becomes a sucessful business then all power to you, start it as a business plan and there is a chance not only to lose everything but for it not to be fun, which is often the making of a good website (fun).

seanchai

On a sidenote, we have mangled the spelling of your name twice in this post alone seanchai!