Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bezane
    And in regards to the scholarly mish mash. It's mental masturbation. They pay people to study that stuff?
    Yep and not only that, it's being paid for with your and my tax dollars!!!

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Dan
    I think I sort of agree with it! As for myself! I like T-grls, the same as regular girls, big boobs, small waists and curvy asses, but then why do I want to suck a cock on a shemale, when the thought of doing it to a guy repulses me? So I KNOW Im not gay! But what exactly am I ???? later
    don't worry, if you like sucking dick and getting fucked in the ass then you're gay.

The problem with using a hack like Bailey to form an argument is just that; the guy has lost alot of his legitimacy through stuff like the book mentioned in the OP.

The guy essentially believes that all ts girls are either ultra fem gay guys OR fetishist AG's who get turned on by feminizing their bodies.

In his eyes ALL ts mtf's are guys- period.

What this paper in the OP does, is shows Blanchard taking this personal belief of Bailey (that all tgirls are guys) and tries to explain why so many people who are nontrans find them sexually interesting without being into guys normally. This is needed to these two figures because failing to explain why so many (otherwise straight) guys find tgirls attractive really puts a glitch in their "all tgirls are gay guys" theory. Its a calculated position to strengthen their transphobic belief system and nothing more.

It might not be the worst way of trying to answer the "are they gay?" questions BUT it is certainly not doing us (the girls) any favors, especially by proliferating the idea that all tgirls are just merely fetishist guys or ultra fem gay guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupree
    Personally I consider myself to be the 3rd gender; a transwoman.
    In the PI, everyone that belongs to the GLBT community are labeled the 3rd gender. It fascinates me how everyone could be lump into the same category! When clearly there is evident distinction of species.

~Kisses.

HTG
    Finally someone has mentioned that. Seriously, this 3rd gender system crap is illogical if it means defining ftm's and mtf's as being the same gender because they're both trans. It's clearly advocating a system with no less than 4 genders, and possibly as many as 6 or 7 depending how things are worded & classified. Gee, that makes TONS of sense right?

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    What I personally know about his ideas regarding transsexuals is that he was wrong to try and prove that "autogynephilia" causes "non-homosexual transsexualism". I did some research in the field of mathematical psychology in which I applied the rules of quantum theory to the human mind. I showed that a trait like autogynephilia could only be an emergent property of being a transsexual who is into women. It can be said that I have mathematically proven his main idea partially wrong. (the status of the paper I wrote and sent to a journal on this is and has been "with editor" sicne september.)
    That makes alot of sense from a logical standpoint, I would think it would be unlikely for people attracted solely to guys to find a feminine version of themselves to be attractive (aka AG theory).

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by ironx

Unfortunately for the man that likes the idea of the third sex is that most TS want to loose the "thing"... as they want to be all woman... I think that most post-op TS wouldn't give another glance at the kind of guy that's on this board after her surgery... as we in their eyes ain't normal either..
    Whoa, this got past my radar.

But yeah it's true, I am very, very leery of being in a relationship with
    a man with a cock-centric appetite.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    I am leaving Autogynephilia aside for a moment and sticking to the original purpose of this thread. Dr. Blanchards ideas explain how a male could be specifically attracted to women and mtf transsexuals but not to men. Thus the admiers here are not gay.

What I personally know about his ideas regarding transsexuals is that he was wrong to try and prove that "autogynephilia" causes "non-homosexual transsexualism". I did some research in the field of mathematical psychology in which I applied the rules of quantum theory to the human mind. I showed that a trait like autogynephilia could only be an emergent property of being a transsexual who is into women. It can be said that I have mathematically proven his main idea partially wrong. (the status of the paper I wrote and sent to a journal on this is and has been "with editor" sicne september.)

Just my $0.02
    What the heck is mathematical psychology and just how do you apply quantum theory to the human mind?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    The problem with using a hack like Bailey to form an argument is just that; the guy has lost alot of his legitimacy through stuff like the book mentioned in the OP.

The guy essentially believes that all ts girls are either ultra fem gay guys OR fetishist AG's who get turned on by feminizing their bodies.
    Which leads me back to my curiosity about the research issue. I can't think of any other condition-- let's call it a phenomenon, to demedicalise it-- that affects such a large number of people-- as I said earlier, Lynn Conway's very well argued and documented approach fives us a reasonable estimate of 0.01 % of population or more-- where there is a) so little primary research and b) so much of what there is suffers from very clear flaws. Even amongst the papers that there are a very considerable number relate to the techniques of SRS reconstruction, hormonal or other therapies.....That's not primary research into the phenomenon.

IMHO Blanchard, Bailey and their supporters have managed to get away with peddling some really ill-researched and contrived theories simply because of the lack of other research refuting (or even supporting) their claims, and I am at an absolute loss as to why this is.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but if I were one, this issue would have my radar buzzing. Except I can't for the life of me see who gains from a lack of research, though it's clear enough who suffers.

Maybe I'm just fick.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker

What the heck is mathematical psychology and just how do you apply quantum theory to the human mind?
    I was wondering that myself.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahG

Which leads me back to my curiosity about the research issue. I can't think of any other condition-- let's call it a phenomenon, to demedicalise it-- that affects such a large number of people-- as I said earlier, Lynn Conway's very well argued and documented approach fives us a reasonable estimate of 0.01 % of population or more-- where there is a) so little primary research and b) so much of what there is suffers from very clear flaws. Even amongst the papers that there are a very considerable number relate to the techniques of SRS reconstruction, hormonal or other therapies.....That's not primary research into the phenomenon.

IMHO Blanchard, Bailey and their supporters have managed to get away with peddling some really ill-researched and contrived theories simply because of the lack of other research refuting (or even supporting) their claims, and I am at an absolute loss as to why this is.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but if I were one, this issue would have my radar buzzing. Except I can't for the life of me see who gains from a lack of research, though it's clear enough who suffers.

Maybe I'm just fick.
    whats to understand? the simple reason for such little reasearch is that in general nobody cares about transsexuals except for a select few who are then labeled "homosexual" by the uninformed masses. Just typical humanity at work I'm afraid...

God save me from stupid people...

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    Quote Originally Posted by ironx

Unfortunately for the man that likes the idea of the third sex is that most TS want to loose the "thing"... as they want to be all woman... I think that most post-op TS wouldn't give another glance at the kind of guy that's on this board after her surgery... as we in their eyes ain't normal either..
    Whoa, this got past my radar.

But yeah it's true, I am very, very leery of being in a relationship with
    a man with a cock-centric appetite.

Well I had the feeling and apreciate your honesty...

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker
    Basically mathematical psychology is an attempt to apply the techniques of mathematical sciences (usually physics) to the human brain/mind. The most familiar concept from this discipline would be psychometrics. The measurement of personality traits and intelligence.

For the long version see the wikipedia on Mathematical Psychology.

The Journal of Mathematical Psychology is the main journal in this field. There are many others one of which may publish what I wrote. Won't that be cool?