Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AMERICA'S NATIONAL PARKS

JUST WONDERING HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN TO ANY OF OUR NATIONAL PARKS WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE IN THE USA.

I USED TO WORK IN ONE MANY YEARS AGO. HAVE BEEN TO VISIT A FEW. SO MANY GREAT ONES, BUT YELLOWSTONE I THINK IS MY FAVORITE.

ANYONE WANT TO SHARE THIER FEELINGS ON THE NAT'L PARKS?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mo048d1_201.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	149861  

GOOD THINGS

Professional Poster

It is a great park system isn't it? I've been to many of them, and some of the wilderness areas. Yellowstone is beautiful, but really overcrowded. So are Glacier and Yosemite. Grand Teton is almost a drive thru for most people, but a great place to hike and camp. Denali is a pain to get to, and the bugs are horrendous but it is magnificent (bring bear spray or a gun!). The Badlands are cool and there are tons of Bison, just promise yourself you won't go to Wall Drugs (if your near there you know what I mean). Rockie Mountain is fun with the weirdness of the weather and the many Pica running around. The Everglades and the Dry Tortugas , Bryce, Olympic, Garabaldi (in BC), Acadia, Zion.

The best was a trip through the Grand Canyon in a pontoon boat. Took 2 weeks, shot rapids, hiked into side canyons, saw all kinds of wildlife, swam in every little pool we could find , just amazing.

Alright Then.

Professional Poster

i love the national park system!!!!!i have been to several of the big out west places-badlands,glacier,yellowstone,rockymountain,joshua tree in the deseret and the redwoods up in northern california is amazing..you always wonder how can humans want to despoil such beauty that took millions of years to evolve???

5 Star Poster

I lived in Yosemite for a summer when I was about 12. My Mother worked there and wasn't supposed to have kids there. I used to help push the Firefall off of Glacier Point. Anything you want to know about the place, just ask me. Giggle.

And Oli - nice photo of Havasupai Falls - one of the coolest places I've ever been. I one had the falls all to myself for about 3 hours in the late afternoon. And one of the most mystical times of my life was spent sitting under a full moon on a litle cut out area of the cliff next to Mooney Falls, with the sheer cliffs thousands of feet high lit by the moon and towering overhead.

Giggle,
    TS Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	janjatyose_copy_342.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	149907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trail_169.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	149908  

Rookie Poster

I went to Joshua Tree for the first time over Thanksgiving weekend... It was absolutely AMAZING - honestly, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I went on a hummer tour (no not that kind - although that'd be fantastic) that went off-road to an extremely remote part of the park. It was an afternoon tour which went into the evening. We drove to a peak which overlooked the rest of the park right at dawn. There happened to be a huge full moon that night which seemed to illuminate the entire desert. Gorgeous!

We drove through an area of the park that had been ravaged by fire last year. It was virtually lifeless and ghostly looking and I must admit, rather heart-wrenching.. The fire wasn't caused by man, fortunately.

It was extremely cold, so there wasn't much wildlife to be seen. Next time....

I'd highly recommend a trip there to anyone who's considering it.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

I wanna fuck a chick a few feet away from old faithful. That would be hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch that geyser erupt as a drop a serious load all over her fuckin chin.........................

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

Nice Hayden Valley shot wombat..

Professional Poster

I used to live in the largest state park in the US.

Here's a hint: "...greater in size than Yellowstone, Everglades, Glacier, and Grand Canyon National Park combined."

Beat that

I live in a large swath of public parkland that stretches from Canada to Mexico. I will probably be tromping around out in the woods today if the weather stays dry, today is the first day without rain or snow in quite a while and I'm ready to celebrate.

My family used to go to Yogi Bear Campgrounds when I was a kid. Does that count? Mahalo

Matt

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it ...