Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Can HA help solve a murder?

hey all

a friend of mine is looking for any information about the murder of a drag queen here in nyc in 2002. if you know anything or even know of the victim, please let me know or you can email the reporter below! thank you!

ps - please disregard the sensationalist headline...it's the ny post.

HUNT FOR CLUES IN TRANNY SLAY

By KIERAN CROWLEY

November 24, 2007 -- Police are searching for the killer of "Sugar Bear," a professional drag queen from Brooklyn - whose head was found frozen in the ice of a Long Island pond by skaters in 2003.

The killer had dumped the head, with a single bullet wound in the temple, in the pond in Moriches, where it was found on Jan. 25, 2003, said Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick, commander of the Suffolk County Police Homicide Squad.

The victim's arms and legs were later found miles away in plastic bags.

It took Suffolk detectives almost a year and a half to identify the victim as Andre Jamal Isaac, 25, of East New York, the grandson of a Vietnam POW.

DNA tests linked the body parts to a torso found clad in a skirt, black body suit and tank top in Far Rockaway, Queens, in December 2002.

Detectives showed photos of his head to transvestites in Manhattan.

In May 2004, one drag queen told a detective, "Hey, that looks like Sugar Bear." Another knew Isaac's real name, and detectives found his mother, Kim Long Jordan, 50, on Long Island.

Jordan gave investigators a key piece of information: One of her son's pals had seen Isaac just before Thanksgiving getting into a car with a "secret friend." He was never seen again.

"He went out without a coat and said he would be right back. He left his pocketbook," she said.

Fitzpatrick said the car was a red, BMW-type coupe with "nice rims" driven by a Hispanic man.

Fitzpatrick asked anyone with information to call the Homicide Squad at (631) 852-6392. All calls will be kept confidential.

Isaac was the grandson of the late Donald Rander, an Army soldier held by the North Vietnamese for five years.

Jordan, a teacher, said her son was a talented female impersonator and dancer who would enter contests from New York to Washington, DC.

"He was a big bear," she said. "No matter what his lifestyle, he was still a human being."

kieran.crowley@nypost.com

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11242007..._slay_7871.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	news016a_619.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	148405  

Platinum Poster

dismemberment is really fucked in the head stuff

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    dismemberment is really fucked in the head stuff
    yep.

Veteran Poster

I cant really offer any info, but I can only speculate that it was some drug related shit. Just from people and family who I know that have passed in NY and had things like that happen to them, it was always drugs. Sorry to hear that

5 Star Poster

the "secret friend" part gets me.

what this whole thing reeks of is a closeted guy unable to deal with and be open about his sexuality. and even worse, it means he still out there in the community.

maybe even here.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LBCDO
    I cant really offer any info, but I can only speculate that it was some drug related shit. Just from people and family who I know that have passed in NY and had things like that happen to them, it was always drugs. Sorry to hear that
    that was one of my initial responses, as well. along with the above.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I was really pissed off when I first read this post. Then I thought about it. This a disturbing, but actual, part of the "t" story.

I don't like reading about people having their head cut off though. That sucks.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    I was really pissed off when I first read this post. Then I thought about it. This a disturbing, but actual, part of the "t" story.

I don't like reading about people having their head cut off though. That sucks.

yes. it does suck. which is why people are looking for the killer. still.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

It is disturbing, it is real, but what I'm worried about is that this "t" series is going to turn into "look at how fucked up and victimized ts girls are"?

That's a part of the story, and that's the focus the networks are going to push for. I don't agree with that.

Just my opinion.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    It is disturbing, it is real, but what I'm worried about is that this "t" series is going to turn into "look at how fucked up and victimized ts girls are"?

That's a part of the story, and that's the focus the networks are going to push for. I don't agree with that.

Just my opinion.

oh, no, no, no. this is completely separate from that, from the "t" series. a friend just asked me to put this out and see if any leads could be had.