Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Default Obama's Speech was awesome

I would just like to say though to the Congress who don't pass this and the ones against social security, older Americans paid into Social Security with every paycheck. Their benefits aren't some kind of charity or handout! Congressional benefits - free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days now THAT'S welfare. And Congress has the nerve to call Social Security and Medicare, entitlements? Re-post if you are sick of their crap, and ashamed of our "leaders."

Let's see their benefits and cushion jobs taken away and see how they cry.

Obama was right when he said you want to wait 14 months..Americans don't have 14 months..WAKE UP

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Default Re: Obama's Speech was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore View Post
    I would just like to say though to the Congress who don't pass this and the ones against social security, older Americans paid into Social Security with every paycheck. Their benefits aren't some kind of charity or handout! Congressional benefits - free health care, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days now THAT'S welfare. And Congress has the nerve to call Social Security and Medicare, entitlements? Re-post if you are sick of their crap, and ashamed of our "leaders."
    Way to quote a Facebook status.

Oh, and if you think anything Obama is trying to do is new or original, you forget your history.

~BB~

Last edited by BellaBellucci; 09-09-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Professional Poster

Social Security is the greatest Ponzi Scheme ever perpetrated on the world. It makes Madoff look like a rank amateur.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Social Security is the greatest Ponzi Scheme ever perpetrated on the world. It makes Madoff look like a rank amateur.
    These comments crack me up. If this was satire, well done sir. If not then you clearly have no clue what a ponzi scheme is.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassCat View Post
    These comments crack me up. If this was satire, well done sir. If not then you clearly have no clue what a ponzi scheme is.
    Really? That's funny. A Ponzi scheme is when an investment broker uses someone else's money to pay the return on your investment. Isn't that precisely what social security does? Sure, our elders paid into the system and deserve to get their return, but they aren't being paid back with the gains from their investments, they're being paid back by those of us who work and pay into the system now. So actually, it's a textbook Ponzi scheme, even if it's well-intended.

~BB~

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore View Post

Let's see their benefits and cushion jobs taken away and see how they cry.

Obama was right when he said you want to wait 14 months..Americans don't have 14 months..WAKE UP
    co-sign its too bad the tea party runs america as they keep its people hostage.

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by lisaparadise View Post
    co-sign its too bad the tea party runs america as they keep its people hostage.
    Damn Cananadadians. Always talking shit.

Where've you been girl?

~BB~

Doctor Screw is my bitch Silver Poster lisaparadise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Damn Cananadadians. Always talking shit.

Where've you been girl?

~BB~
    golfing lol it isnt always 50 below in canada ya know lol

http://www.ts-lisa.com KITTYPRIDE IS MY BITCH

Glad to see you've found the political forum Kelly.

Professional Poster BluegrassCat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBellucci View Post
    Really? That's funny. A Ponzi scheme is when an investment broker uses someone else's money to pay the return on your investment. Isn't that precisely what social security does? Sure, our elders paid into the system and deserve to get their return, but they aren't being paid back with the gains from their investments, they're being paid back by those of us who work and pay into the system now. So actually, it's a textbook Ponzi scheme, even if it's well-intended.
    ~BB~
    That's a funny textbook you got there. Might do more good (& less harm) as a paperweight though. Ponzi schemes involve fraudulently bringing in new investors who don't know where their money goes or comes from. SS is totally transparent. By your definition everything that counts on future gains is a ponzi scheme: private investments, 401k etc. Hell even reproduction is a ponzi scheme because we're putting in all this work on the Ponzi assumption that the kids will grow up someday & continue the species.
    The most important distinction is that Ponzi schemes implode quite quickly. Otherwise they'd be Ponzi Amazing Investments. SS has been successfully performing for 70 years & will continue to do so, at a minimum of 75% of full benefits if we do nothing at all It could easily be 100% or more with a small tax adjustment.