Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Second issue is training. This woman left a nice suburban school in Middle England to teach in a country that has been in the brink of or at war for as long as I can remember

I dunno, after teaching a bunch of little scousers, the Sudan could have seemed like a holiday!

Bottom line, if you go to ANY foreign country, you'd better damn well know the laws of the land.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Junior Poster

Reminds me of Moe Szyslak's response when he was challenged for not shouting drinks for the freed Iranian hostages: "Ah, they shouldn't have been there in the first place!"

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

when will the beating be on youtube is what i wanna know
    have you ever seen a lashing?
    intense shit
    people pass out and they revive them with smelling salts and then continue the ass whoopin
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh justice is a crazy thing

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

That pretty much sums it up...

Junior Poster

Gamma aries... love the comparison pics. Let me throw in my 2 cents. First, Mohammad, or however you choose to spell it, is a very common name in the muslin world... think John. Second, it might be illegal to name your dog or pig that way in the countries that apply sharia law, but there was no intention to be insulting in this case. Third, it could be argued, and in my opinion it would be really pushing it, that she was encouraging idolatry which is a big no no in Islam. Fourth, I think that this has much more to do with the other teacher probably being Sudanese and resenting this British(citizen of the country that used to treat Sudanese like less than human beings) teacher just going over there. I mean, it could have simply been solved by the other teacher or headmaster telling her that this was a no no and to name the silly bear something else. Argh.. I really wish religion belief,or the lack of it, would just simply be a matter of personal choice. The moment you try to impose one set of beliefs, based on contradicting stories, you always end up in trouble. Leave me be and go bang your head on the wall or floor or kneel or whatever else you want to do... just don't try to tell me that I should do it to... unless it involves a very attractive sex partner and no clothes... then I might consider it

Junior Poster

Three minor points these people should think about:

a) Chapter 42, verse 11 of the Koran does say: "[Allah is] the originator of the heavens and the earth... [there is] nothing like a likeness of Him."

b) Mohammad is a very common name given by parents to Muslim male children.

c) The consequences of someone allowing a bear to be named Mohammad is the threat of 40 lashes.

In the words of a very learned man.....Doh!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gamma aries

That pretty much sums it up...

...and yes JWBL, I've seen that shit and it's not pretty. 40 lashes seems like nothing though compared to these guys!

Men get 7000 lashes for sodomy

TWO men in Saudi Arabia have been sentenced to 7000 lashes each after being convicted of sodomy and have received their first round of punishment in public, a newspaper said today.

The men, who were not identified, were meted out an unspecified number of lashes in public in the the southwestern city of Al-Bahah on Tuesday evening, the Al-Okaz daily reported.

They were then returned to prison where they are to be held until the full punishment is completed, the newspaper added, without saying how many sessions this would involve.

Homosexual acts are illegal in Saudi Arabia, which metes out strict punishment based on sharia, or Islamic law.

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking can all carry the death penalty in the kingdom, with public beheading the common form of execution.

5 Star Poster

What the fuck is wrong with these people?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21964820/

"updated 2:44 p.m. PT, Sun., Nov. 25, 2007

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Justice Ministry has said a girl gang raped by seven men and then sentenced to six months prison and 200 lashes has confessed to cheating on her husband, in the kingdom's latest response to the negative international reaction to the case. "

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21964820/

"updated 2:44 p.m. PT, Sun., Nov. 25, 2007

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's Justice Ministry has said a girl gang raped by seven men and then sentenced to six months prison and 200 lashes has confessed to cheating on her husband, in the kingdom's latest response to the negative international reaction to the case. "
    "Confessed" is an interesting euphamism. I wonder how said confession was "extracted"?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Good question. They are devoted to the Koran and they use that as an excuse to carry out these punishments. I can't see them changing their laws for a long time, because they're so deep in their religion.

"She was sentenced to prison and 90 lashes for being alone with a man not related to her"

Mad people!!