Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Agreed. I was being sarcastic. I'm not a fan or organized religion and definitely not a fan of Islam.

-Quinn
    Oh right! I'm no fan of religion either, especially Islam also, with no disrespect to anyone here.

5 Star Poster

Imagine a game where you have a little band of rabbits, and a field that holds a finite number of them. You have the choice of taking actions to help the population progress. If you do any of these actions, the population grows.
    Or you can inflict disease or violence upon them to shrink the population. So your choices are to be benevolent and lose the game when the population maxes out, or be cruel so the game continues.
    Pretty good game, huh?

They should really be trying to develop fertility inhibiting genetically modified crops. Sorry, I'm in a fatalistic mood today.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Stupid Scouser.

Why did she go to Sudan to teach when SHE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE LAWS.

Out of all the countries, in all the world - she goes to a Sharia Law one ...
    That's true.

No matter how much money I could be earning, there's no way I'd go and work there.
    Call me a a bigot. FUCK THOSE MEDIEVAL CUNTS! I have no time for fucking religious bigots of any creed an colour! What the fuck, are we going to give up 500 of enlightenment for those fuckwits???

Well now I certainly am not going to apologise for the regime in Khartoum, but....

There are three issues here: The first is that Sudan is under great pressure from the West over its human rights record, particularly in Darfur. Internally the risk of an armed Arab-led insurrection is described as "imminent." Sudan is essentially on the brink of collapse as a viable state . The State is looking for any means it can to appease the Islamist extremists and as usual in these circumstances the Govt blames the West. It's a dangerous place, and any westerner presenting a target is going to catch it.

Second issue is training. This woman left a nice suburban school in Middle England to teach in a country that has been in the brink of or at war for as long as I can remember, a hotbed of Islamist militancy and her employers DID NOT THINK TO BRIEF HER ABOUT TAKING MOHAMMED'S NAME IN VAIN? That is criminally irresponsible.

Clearly this poor woman is a pawn in a far bigger game; clearly this should never have happened; clearly flogging someone for naming a teddy-bear is unthinkable. However, the final issue is that only a fool goes travelling in the dangerous parts of the world without doing the homework first. Had Gillian Gibbons read the information that is freely available about how to stay out of trouble in places like Sudan, where Sharia Law is applied, she would not be in jail tonight.

5 Star Poster

Agree on all points, mac...but pulling the camera out a bit...what the fuck are people fighting about in the first place? Too many people for the resources. Anywhere there's conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    However, the final issue is that only a fool goes travelling in the dangerous parts of the world without doing the homework first. Had Gillian Gibbons read the information that is freely available about how to stay out of trouble in places like Sudan, where Sharia Law is applied, she would not be in jail tonight.
    Cosign.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by iloveshemales77
    FUCK THOSE MEDIEVAL CUNTS!
    LOL

Very good points MacShreach. The school has to take some of the responsibility..

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Imagine a game where you have a little band of rabbits, and a field that holds a finite number of them. You have the choice of taking actions to help the population progress. If you do any of these actions, the population grows.
    Or you can inflict disease or violence upon them to shrink the population. So your choices are to be benevolent and lose the game when the population maxes out, or be cruel so the game continues.
    Pretty good game, huh?

They should really be trying to develop fertility inhibiting genetically modified crops. Sorry, I'm in a fatalistic mood today.
    We already have a device of that sort. It's called homosexuality.

Nature's way of leveling out the population.

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmeclaire
    We already have a device of that sort. It's called homosexuality.

Nature's way of leveling out the population.
    too bad that works just for roughly 5% of the general population, and about 90% of HA.com members .....

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Veteran Poster

saw this on the news just now... and I could not work out how she had ended up in Sudan in the first place. Was she with an agency, or a missionary scheme or something? If she was then she was terribly prepared and they have a lot of questions to answer. If she just went there under her own steam then she's incredibly foolish. Talk about midlife crisis...