Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by lust4ts
    Yep Nightrider one of my best friends from school got in with the wrong crowd, started stealing clothes from shops all over town, eventually he was given a jail sentence. He ended taking like thirty Paracetamol and a bottle of Vodka and died in hospital. I hadn't seen him for a few months before it happened but the news fucked me up, I still think about him sometimes when I hear an old school track like "four o'clock in the morning", it reminds me of when we used to get stoned and play it while bunking of school. He was a fucking good guy, just easily led.

If this guy never comes back, I am going to wonder if he done it, I sincerely hope it is a joke!
    Sorry to hear that man. My mates, sister's boyfriend found him hanging from his roof space when I was at 14. If we don't hear from him he could be just embarassed about coming back..
    That's pretty fucked too, 14 is very young to deal with something like that.

What freaks me out about what happened is how bad he must have been feeling when he took all that shit. The people who he was hanging around with were assholes. I find it kind of hard knowing that if I hadn't lost touch with him in those few months, I could have maybe stopped him or helped him. He would have got though prison, it was only six months, he could have been out in three. I just think he must have been feeling lonely and down and it all got too much for him, his parents didn't give a shit, his so called other mates only used him to steal shit for them, I think I was his only true friend. The worst thing about it is his step mom is like this big government councilor in our town, and after it happened she went on the local radio saying that he just took them to get high because he was a junky.
    Yeah he used to smoke weed and take the odd E but he wasn't stupid he knew thirty paracetamol and a bottle of vodka would kill him, bitch just said it to safe face because she didn't want it to look like she wasn't there for him. She always hated him and I seriously blame her for what happened, she even turned his dad against him, he was a really good DJ as well. What a waste of a life!

I shouldn't joke because it could be serious, but maybe that guy has gone to get writing lessons!

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Gold Poster

I can deal with things like that fine lust4ts. But it's thinking about their parents having to get through the rest of life that gets to me. I'm sure they think "what could I have done different" etc.

It's a fucked up thing and I suppose we'll never know what's going through their head before acting it out.

Anyway, I'm heading to bed.

Take it easy..

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    Hey, NR, he tries to save his life, man. Our suicidal dude will think different tomorrow but he has to live until tomorrow.
    He may be trying but he's not doing a very good job. I don't think the guy is just gonna sleep it off...

Do you know what I mean?
    Yes, the PC thing to do is to just say no to suicide, and we all know that works because the "Say no to Drugs" campaign from the 1980's definitely stopped drug use.

I was speaking in a language and in a tone that only someone who is really considering suicide can understand. You cannot rationalize with someone who is thinking of taking their own life especially if they are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. My appeal of "do it tomorrow" might not make sense to a sober emotionally stable person but makes perfectly good sense to a person who is in emotional turmoil and under the influence. Trust me, I've been there. It might not get me a job at a suicide prevention hotline but I guarantee it makes enough sense to a person going through it that they just might put the thought away until tomorrow at which point they will wake up sober and with a different state of mind.

But I guess just telling him not to do it is all that is needed. Damn, you just put two thirds of the psychologists in the world out of business.