Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Professional Poster

One word....MICHIGAN.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    If anyone where to see me at the grocery store they would probably not recognize me.

I am usually in minimal make up- a hat- flats- and form fitting jeans- in a sweater. The only thing that screams ME about me at the store is this gorgeous Dior ski bombjer jacket I wear everwhere (I love it). Besides a Dior purse I am in Uggs or flat boots-I just look regular. I guess most people don't go shopping in Dior jackets or go to jail in Chanel jackets-but that is another story.

Point is when I go the the grocery store I don't have to be Allanah Starr.
    I can just be another chick shopping with her boyfriend.
    I don't care to or attempt to stand out. I still get reconized from time to time or I see people on the street from my parties. etc and they jut pass me with no clue to who I am.

If I was famous enough to have crazy papp attention- then yes I would definately make the effort to be Allanah Starr where ever I was in public- as I would hate to be caught looking, pale, hideous, and washed out in one of those stars without their make up. I NEED alot of make up to look good in photos-otherwise I look dead.

I believe that when one is extremely famous, one should take not of the great movie stars of the golden age of cinema and always look like a movie star when in public. This is why I dislike most modern day celebs- they don't make an effort.

I'm only Allanah Starr when I have to be-since that's my current role.

If I were really famous beyond the ts world and the few mainstream things I have done- then that would change.

But for now- I can just go by ilse 6 and pick up some Hummus and be totally irrelevant to anyone else-just another shopper.

Which is actually cool-must be a bitch to try to go grocery shopping if you are Madonna.

So I am sure a few ts have slipped by you without notice
    Unless of course they were looking to impress...

I don't have to wear low cut tops. mini skirts, or be the center of attention in public or the day time. I just rather be fashionable but not garish. UNLESS I am in Paris, or I AM going shopping at high end shops. Then you have a reason to look good and dress ti impress in the day.

I know A LOT of girls who thrive on that attention wherever day go- that's cool- but dont let the attention be the focus of your self esteem.
    I recommend the hummus with the red pepper bits in them.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i buy my produce at the local outdoor market. but you can also find me in the dairy aisle or the pastry counter at hi-vee.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    i buy my produce at the local outdoor market. but you can also find me in the dairy aisle or the pastry counter at hi-vee.
    Long time, no chat.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Why don't i ever see Transsexuals at the Grocery store?

Quote Originally Posted by M77
    Just what the title says.

I'm not married and often have to do my own Grocery shopping, when i can't slave my girlfriend into doing it for me.

I live in a State that supposedly has a decent sized TS population. I never ever see any while Grocery shopping!

I read here all the time about how Trans-Women live 24/7 as women. The mere fact that i don't see them, makes me wonder if this is true or exaggerated?

I'm not buying the old line that, "I've probably seen them, but not known it." I think I've spent enough time on this forum Gawking at TS photos, to be able to have the ability to clock a few of them.

So do TSs on this forum go to the Grocery store?

Why ain't i seeing them?

I'm leaving right now, to get some Grocery shopping done. I'll report back and let y'all know if i see any tonight.

Ciao.
    its a conspiracy,TS dont eat?

Professional Poster

I get food at Wawa like 2 or 3 times a week. I practically live off of subs and chocolate milk.

I get food at Wawa like 2 or 3 times a week. I practically live off of subs and chocolate milk.
    One gurl I met while she was in Philly had never seen or heard of Wawa before. Not realizing it was a convenience store (The one she saw was rather anonymous looking, not one of the megamarts they are building now), she had no reason to go in and find out.

My ex thought I couldn't remember the name of the store when I gave her driving directions. Akin to "...the little bagel place at the corner..." or "...the yada yada furniture store...".

To keep this thread hopping, here's a Wawa:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wawa1061_166_188.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	147474  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    One gurl I met while she was in Philly had never seen or heard of Wawa before. :
    I want wawa, and my blanky.

Professional Poster

One gurl I met while she was in Philly had never seen or heard of Wawa before.
    I had never heard of it either, before I moved to PA. I was like "you seriously have a store called WAWA? Did a 3 year old come up with that??". But now I love Wawa.

To keep this thread hopping, here's a Wawa:
    The best Wawa of all!

5 Star Poster

Well, I go to the store several times a week. Try Trader Joes, Whole Foods and even sometimes Food For Less..

I avoid the mall as I'm trying to save money to retire. But Home Depot is my second home. I'm the girl that's telling the guys how to build a house...

Giggle,
    TS Jamie