Still Here 5 Star Poster

Default Do you believe in Karma?

Not in the traditional Hinduism & Buddhism way (The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny), but rather in the broader "Everything you do comes back to you" way?

Why or Why Not?

Veteran Poster

Default Re: Do you believe in Karma?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCe
    Not in the traditional Hinduism & Buddhism way (The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny), but rather in the broader "Everything you do comes back to you" way?

Why or Why Not?
    Nah. Im not angel, As a guy Im up in rank with Lucifer. Im cruel and malicious, BUT, I am also nice and Well mannered When need be. i Think my Positives outweigh My negatives. Typing all that has no point actually.

I just dont believe That What we do in life can echo and come back to either help or hurt us. Of course I do believe if your a Real scummy sonofabitch and brag like your big shit, Someone will come along and Show you what it means to be scum. But I dont think Our actions in life can really Change us or effect us otherwise.

Take for instance the priest that molested kids. Most of those guys went decades without anyone finding out. Or Murders,Rapist,Abusers. Most of the times there fate comes at the end of The law or A spouse. Thats not Karma Its either Justice or Revenge.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

I'll believe in Karma after I hear about that shambles taking place tonight....................
    and after Friday's jumpoff where broads can't come in cuz they're banned
    LOL

seriously, I do believe in karma, which is why I tend to keep to myself when "some" knuckleheads try to send me gossip on shit.............gotta love those bored folks at work

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Yes, I believe that karma is simply Newton's law of motion ("for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction") applied to the moral, social, and psychological spheres. Often the results of karma are subtle and may not manifest in an obvious or, to our eyes, just way or be delayed overlong, but actions have reactions and this happens in the psychological and ethical realms just as it does in physics. It's also the principle behind the golden rule ("do unto others as you would have others do unto you") and the silver rule ("do not do to others what you do not want others to do to you").

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

i agree with estatic. i lean more to the golden and silver rules, but i also feel that if you do good in life more good comes back to you. to me it comes down to if you feel comfortable doing bad things to other. i can never stand myself when i lie or dont do all i can, but when i did best and i committ fully, no matter the outcome, i usually feel good.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Veteran Poster

People Kill you conscious! You live one short life be as cruel and thoughtless as you can be. And If karma is real...well you'll regret it But at least you'll know.

No im jokin but wow Alot of people are paranoid. Wow.

Attached Images Attached Images  

5 Star Poster

Yes I believe in karma. Fuck someone over some how and infinitely it comes back to you unless you happen to do xxx amount of good. However, think about what you would get if you did xxx amount of good and didn't fuck someone over? I genuinely try to do nice things for people. I give money to homeless people on street corners. One of my close friends gives me a lot of shit about it. But here in az it is 100+ degrees outside and they are standing baking in the sun. That isn't a picnic at all.

One other note: it's less about any potential future life result than results in this one life that you know. In the strict Buddhist perspective, there is no "self" to survive into another life (technically, there isn't even a "self" from moment to moment, only a continuum of experience), but the action/reaction karmic cycle continues both while one is alive and after one dies. It can't be quantified; I admire Vicki giving money to the homeless in AZ (I lived in Tucson for a year, so I know the heat there), and I believe that her actions result in good reactions (subsequent actions), but one can't keep a tally of those actions. Again, from the Buddhist perspective (where karma is most fully developed as a philosophical concept), there are no individuals (however individual and separate we may think we are); instead, we are all interdependent, and our actions ripple out through the entire world. The Buddhist term is "interbeing": no one exists alone, independently of all others, but we all exist (or "inter-be": there is no English translation) as part of a greater whole, and as with synergy in any physical system, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

OK, that's a bit deep...back to my morning coffee....