Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mist

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I thought this was a thread about "The Mist"? Oh, right, the whole "I'm a crazy troll" thing. Please continue with that, it bumps the thread views.

I thought the ending of the movie was awesome, I agree with it 100%. Possibly one of the best endings I've ever seen in a major release, US film. It was great.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    I thought this was a thread about "The Mist"? Oh, right, the whole "I'm a crazy troll" thing. Please continue with that, it bumps the thread views.

I thought the ending of the movie was awesome, I agree with it 100%. Possibly one of the best endings I've ever seen in a major release, US film. It was great.
    Whatever. You're either batshit crazy or merely a complete asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2117
    It's completly and utterly awful.

The new ending ruins the whole thing. Rather than Kings original open ended ending it feeds you a deliberatly downbeat supposed shock ending that utterly destroys the film

I'm posting a spoiler below for those who want to know what I mean. It's in a non obtrusive color but if you highlight it you'll see the spoilers.

One of the worst king film adaptations ever which is a shame because the first 3/4 is really good.
    Thanks Alpha. Nicely done. That ending sucks eggs. Anyone who thinks that's some great surprise ending has never seen episodes of the original Twilight Zone. I think they had about 5 episodes over the years that ended like that.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by M77
    I'm hoping that the DVD will have both endings. It should IMO.
    The ending of the novella is in the movie, but the movie goes farther. I'm not going to reveal anything else. It's good, it works very well.

If a person just enjoys old Tarzan movies, then yeah, probably wouldn't work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    If a person just enjoys old Tarzan movies, then yeah, probably wouldn't work for them.
    LOL... No doubt. Some people need a happy cartoon ending or they get all confused and upset. If the guy who wrote the original story, Steven King, says he "loves" the new ending, that's more than enough for any true horror fan to recognize that it's congruent with the author's vision.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn

Hey I posted in white ... you can only see it if you highlight the writing.

Frankly it's unbelievably awful and anyone who thinks it's good and ballsy and suprising obviously hasn't watched too many horror films.
    Since this was obviously a passive-aggressive reference to my own post, allow me to respond with Steven King’s own words regarding the new ending:

Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead.”

-Steven King

http://horrorsociety.com/2007/11/13/...oves-the-mist/

I guess Steven doesn't know anything about horror films and certainly hasn't "watched too many." You are clearly better suited to critique any adaptation of his work than he is. Congrats on ruining the ending for people and being a whiney tool in the process.

-Quinn[/quote]

Good point. Stephen King likes the new ending (or at least says he does). Which is fair enough. Unfortunatly King's attempts at bringing his work to the screen himself have ended badly because he's screwed it up Trucks became Maximum Overdrive which was well to be kind really bad.

The new ending or as I shall now call it the Romero ending is just pathetic and takes away from what could of been a very interesting adaption. Romero essentially did this ending back in his first Dead film and he did it better. The end of Mist was just shock for shocks sake and was badly acted and poorly directed. I have no problem with downbeat endings what I have a problem with is pointless endings that dont fit with the characterisation that proceeded it. The main character turns 180% from someone who refuses to give up hope and his humanity to a pathetic loser. Horror films are allowed to have downbeat endings people are fine with that but what people hate is pointless stupidity.

The movie not suprisingly has tanked badly coming in 10th on Friday with 3 mil from 2400 screens jst ahead of No Country for Old Men with 280,000 bucks less but playing on only 860 screens.

There have been more misses than hits with King movie adaptions and thanks to this ending the Mist joins the long long list of failures.