Thread: torrent torment

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default torrent torment

saw this on BBC news yesterday

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4581721.stm

What kills me is that 90% of the movies that people download are dvd screeners, so you KNOW they are coming from somewhere inside the movie industry. Instead of going after the people that leak the films out they are going after the servers and making weak attempts at the end users......

For us normal folk, programs like Peer Guardian 2, and others like Ghost Surf (which masks your IP address) should be enough to stay protected from the sneaky government agencies spying on where we go and what we view.

What the movie industry needs to do is start offering the movies online or through a cable type system. Charge a bit higher per movie (like $15) that way they still have a way for movie theaters to get customers at a lower movie rate. Alot of us don't like sitting cramped up in a movie theater with a bunch of loud, smelly people that cant turn their cell phones off or learn to shut the fuck up when the dialogue is going on.

The article mentioned pirates not being able to hide through new technology; could've fooled me. More people download music now than 2 months after Napsters initial release.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Still Here 5 Star Poster

Apple will probably add movie downloads to their next version of itunes, to go with the new video ipod. Not confirmed yet, but the signs are there.

Veteran Poster

Its bullshit how the US gov't is owned By the Movie industry. They waste time on raids to stop Movie piracy. Thank god Im moving to easter Island

Randumb Intelligents!@_@!

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

yo Nyce did u get my email?

All of us need to move to Sweden where the shit is still legal and get citizenship

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

Fact is whoever got busted and fined got what they had coming.
    So what if one website was shut down, and the owners likely jailed and fined. That's the chance they take for stealing and being stupid enough to think they wouldnt get caught. Personaly i think it's funny these losers, are now likely going to lose everything they own.

They spent millions making the movie, and the fact some lazy fat-ass, can download it for free just isnt right.

Awhile back when Metallica (among many others) got Napster shut down, i was on the band's side.
    Who cares if they already have money, thats not the point. They busted their asses putting out an album, and only to find their alleged fans stealing it.
    They even said in a few interviews, they had no problems when being downloaded, a few songs here and there,but every song off every album, and the band gets nothing?

The point is, people just overdid it, they got cocky, in their drive to "stick it to the system"....and they got busted.

I agree, Perhaps, they could release it online themselves oneday, sort of an online theatre, that you can watch in the comfort of your own home, without the fear of getting locked up and fined thousands.
    But until that happens you can count on this going on again and again.

Rookie Poster

it is all coming to a headway with the digital stuff, i have a feeling the movie industry has plans for broadband delivery of there movies when 1, dual layer dvd writers are norm and windows release the new longhorns, basically the rumor mill is saying between longhorns and on chip "processor" protection is going to make it alot more difficult to pirate ceratin things. i personally think the music industry "big guys" are a rip as it has been stated by the singers that most don't feel the downloading hurts them alot as it is, and the new guys trying to make it love the net to get there music out there. now for other things like a movie, i honestly can say i have downloaded movies i own and i did in the past download a few that i had seen in the theater, but i still won't go download movies i have not purchased at home, it just isn't fun to carry around a ton of dvd cases when traveling aroudn the country. now on the torrent deal the music/movie industry is up in arms as the creator of bittorrent has struck back with them tracking bittorrent users, there moving to a trackerless torrnet system this year.

My two cents on the music downloading thing is this:

When it first came out, I bought it on vinyl.
    I then bought it on cassette.
    Why should I have to buy the EXACT SAME music for a third time when I want to upgrade to CD. A lot of the titles are not available on CD in the domestic market, so I have to pay over $30.00 to purchase them as an import.

If the artists were getting the money from the music, it wouldn't bother me as much. But it seems like the majority of the money goes to the record company instead of the artist.

Personally I have found that downloading has led me to PURCHASE some CD's. I find that the downloading of music is a good way to sample some of the tracks before you buy.

That is just My opinion. And you know what they say, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shemale_priceless__1__107.jpg 
Views:	2121 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	21907  

You are all jealous because the voices only talk to me

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

lol. funny shit

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P