Gold Poster

Default No Action For Cops Who Bought Teens Cigarettes

No Action For Cops Who Bought Cigarettes
    Updated:14:27, Wednesday November 21, 2007

Two police officers filmed buying cigarettes for teenagers will not face disciplinary action.

Police officer buys cigarettes for teensThe female officers were seen on footage posted on the YouTube website, handing cigarettes to the teenagers in Kingsway Estate in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.

In the video, one officer hands over the cigarettes and apologises for not getting the teenager's favourite brand.

She says: "They didn't have Lambert & Butler, so I got B&H Silver instead."

The video, Kingz Got Da Feds On Lock, has been watched more than 470 times.

Senior police officers said the incident was filmed in the summer - before laws changed in October to make it illegal to buy cigarettes for under-18s.

Officers at Northamptonshire Police said the pair would not face disciplinary measures even though their actions were against "force policy".

Incident happened before law changeSuperintendent Pete Windridge, area operations commander, said the incident had been investigated.

It is believed a shop refused to serve the teenageers cigarettes and they refused to to leave the area, which is known for problems with anti-social behaviour.

The two officers bought the cigarettes in order to move them on.

"Dealing with these types of incidents can be tricky and officers have to use their discretion when doing so," Supt Windridge said.

Not surprising. Double standards are all over.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Gold Poster

I know!

How stupid must they be to buy kids cigarettes?

No more intelligent than some American police.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

As usual cops get off with a technicality. The offence took place before the change in the law. No one can tell right from wrong then? They send people to jail or presecute them for the same Yet they condemn lawyers who find loopholes to get criminals off. You can use loopholes only if you are the police.

As usual cops get off with a technicality. The offence took place before the change in the law.
    Oh. So the technicality is that they didn't do anything illegal.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

As usual cops get off with a technicality. The offence took place before the change in the law.
    Oh. So the technicality is that they didn't do anything illegal.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

Lawyers like loopholes.

Yeah, I guess. But then again, when it comes to enforcing rules, the absence of a rule is a pretty big loophole.

~ Kinky Friedman ~