Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast

Default Re: Guys - Do you crossdress?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    thanks, i'd be curious why there is connection between autogynephilia and an attraction to transgendered individuals.
    Ok soo... before I go further I want to make it clear that I am not carrying the flag for Blanchard or his theories as regards transsexuals here. However, his description of auto-erotic crossdressing, which he calls autogynephilia, is difficult to better. Autogynephilia is proposed as a distinct sexual orientation, alongside homo and hetero-sexuality, in which the person with it is attracted to themselves in the form of someone of the opposite gender.

However, this orientation exists alongside hetero and homosexuality, though it is distinct. Autogynephile males are attracted to women (you can't be autogynephilic unless you are gynephilic first.) But autogynephile males are attracted to themselves as women, which Blanchard called Erotic Target Location Error, since in most circumstances people are attracted to others, not themselves. In this form of ETLE (it's not the only one) the erotic target is within the attracted person, thus the location error.

Because autogynephile men find themselves sexually attractive as women, they are likely to find people who exhibit similar characteristics as they do also attractive. (Remember that the ideal female partner for an autogynephile male is himself as a woman, and you get the idea.) Thus they may be attracted to other autogynephile males.

There is loads of evidence for this; autogynephiles, if they are not completely in secret, frequently organise 'dressing' parties, and you'll find ads for these on any transvestite or crossdresser site. Often, no sex happens, since it is the crossdressing itself that provides the erotic thrill, although sometimes it does, most usually with toys. The differences between this and male-male homosexuality are subtle but quite definitive.

However, autogynephiles may also be specifically attracted to transwomen, partly because they misinterpret what a transwoman actually is; they read her as male (and thus like them) when in fact she is female. However, since they are also attracted to women (as opposed to men dressed as women) there are two possible routes for their erotic attraction to transwomen, so, you know...?

It's actually a bit more complicated than that so I will do up a longer piece and blog it, since you got me to thinking about it again.

Silver Poster

interesting. blanchard has obviously given this a lot of thought. thanks for that.

interesting. blanchard has obviously given this a lot of thought. thanks for that.
    Ray Blanchard is certainly one of the seminal figures in the history of transgender studies; whether he's a white knight or the Prince of Darkness depends where you stand--there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

If you like, you can (legally) download Dr Michael Bailey's book The Man Who Would Be Queen for free from Northestern University. That is a popular book, not an academic work, which basically explains Blanchard's theories and expands a bit.

It's a very entertaining read, but Bailey is a publicity-whore and a lot of the style is pretty tabloid. However, it's certainly worth a read. Google it or it's on my blog, if you can't find it I'll post it.

Senior Member Silver Poster

If my house had a hallway as long as a CATWALK, like in a Paris fashion show, I might invest in some size 15 5 inch stilletos, just so I could walk down the hall, pivot, and then walk back. Don't tell anybody.

I don't think I've ever heard one mention of the term "amphetamine drag queen" on this site...but I recall that when I was young and did crystal meth, sometimes I would feel very glamorous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	579150  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach View Post
    Ray Blanchard is certainly one of the seminal figures in the history of transgender studies; whether he's a white knight or the Prince of Darkness depends where you stand--there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

If you like, you can (legally) download Dr Michael Bailey's book The Man Who Would Be Queen for free from Northestern University. That is a popular book, not an academic work, which basically explains Blanchard's theories and expands a bit.

It's a very entertaining read, but Bailey is a publicity-whore and a lot of the style is pretty tabloid. However, it's certainly worth a read. Google it or it's on my blog, if you can't find it I'll post it.
    thanks again buddy. actually, i went to your blog and started reading 'travels with a ladyboy:1 naia'. i really like the following sentence:

"Listening to a couple of Filipinos speaking Taglish, where streams of melodious yet incomprehensible—to me—Tagalog are peppered with phrases in English…blahdeblahdetelevision seriesblahdeblahdeOhdon’tworryblahdeblahdehighspee dinternetconnectionblahdeblahdeyesof course…leaves me more confused than had no words at all been recognisable."

thanks again buddy. actually, i went to your blog and started reading 'travels with a ladyboy:1 naia'. i really like the following sentence:

"Listening to a couple of Filipinos speaking Taglish, where streams of melodious yet incomprehensible—to me—Tagalog are peppered with phrases in English…blahdeblahdetelevision seriesblahdeblahdeOhdon’tworryblahdeblahdehighspee dinternetconnectionblahdeblahdeyesof course…leaves me more confused than had no words at all been recognisable."
    Haha thank you! Part two of 'Travels With A Ladyboy' will be on this week, I'll let you know.

The d/l link for Bailey's book is

http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu...ley/TMWWBQ.pdf

for you and anyone else interested.

Junior Poster

I do and I feel really sissy when the woman inside me is out.

Senior Member Junior Poster

when I was 13 I loved wearing bras,panties and slips to masturbate and lipstick hitting puberty and cumming was great

Rookie Poster

check out fet profile bkcd71 I want to get sucked and fuck that ass....beautiful cd

hello out there

Quit lieing