Thread: Climate Change

Junior Poster

Default Climate Change

A lot of you guys are American, and I was wondering something.

Do you guys hear about climate change on TV in Newspapers on a daily basis like us Australians? Or is it less of an issue?

All I ever hear about America is discontent with Iraq, which is fine; but is global warming front and centre in America or not?

I ask especially because I'm from Australia, and along with America, we are the only nation not to have ratified Kyoto, and almost every day we here about how we have to change that.

It IS a big issue .....for some of us.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Junior Poster

i often wonder why no one talks about china's effects on it...

Nothing to see here folks.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tubgirl
    i often wonder why no one talks about china's effects on it...
    They do. It part of why Bush refuses to sign any emission reduction agreements. His argument is that any reduction is pointless unless China and India are involved in it too.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

His argument
    (Bush)
    is that any reduction is pointless unless China and India are involved in it too.
    classic tragedy of the commons. however, china's consumption is so intense they are already feeling the effects their own pollution and the heady costs of their rate of energy use. china's compliance on environmental issues may not be so very far in the future. what then shall we use as an excuse for our own excesses?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.