Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupree
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    From my perspective, it all boils down to one word: reciprocity. To my way of thinking, if you behave like a man and come at people like a man (talking about wanting to fight men, etc.), then the pronoun "he" is appropriate.

-Quinn
    So only men can talk about wanting to fight men? You're defining gender roles?
    Nicole, see my response to Hara for a more specific idea of what I'm referring to.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

I hate that shit. It's disrespectful. I have never called a T-girl a "he". Hell, I even call drag queens "she"...because that's what they want.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

This being an adult site, one would think that the individuals here would have honed their skills in the art of argument to a more mature level and not need to fall back on skills learned while playing in the sand box, petty name calling or making comments intended to do nothing more than launching a personal attack designed to hurt the feelings of others, as opposed to furthering an opinion or position in a conversation or argument.

I, perhaps mistakenly, have considered this site to be, for lack of better words, a refuge or safe place for the ladies, with the men being more or less guests, where all parties have a chance to interact in many different ways.

At the end of the day, it is a matter of respect for others and ones self. Having differences of opinions and arguments is normal, often healthy and sometimes entertaining. But when comments become simply mean spirited, it usually indicates that one of the arguing parties has run out of intelligent or meaningful things to say but is simply to ignorant to admit a minor defeat.

In most cases, these girls have gone through enough crap in the real world and should not have to be subjected to that same abuse in a site that is supposed to be supportive of the decisions they have made for themselves.

Name calling and personal insults do not belong in adult conversation. When it happens, consider the source. Just my 2 cents.

it's bad enough that police arrest reports always refer to tgirls as he and him. we can't do anything about our fucked-up society, but we can conduct ourselves civilly on this forum. And if someone refers to a girl in the masculine gender, they should be banned. period.

Junior Poster

This will probably get me in trouble but, on this site at least, as long as the ladies can get away with calling the men "fags" because they know it will bother some then the men have just as much right to turn around and call a lady a "he" because they know it will bother some.

Ultimately, I think neither should be done but as long as one is considered fairplay then the other should as well.

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGent4ts

At the end of the day, it is a matter of respect for others and ones self. Having differences of opinions and arguments is normal, often healthy and sometimes entertaining. But when comments become simply mean spirited, it usually indicates that one of the arguing parties has run out of intelligent or meaningful things to say but is simply to ignorant to admit a minor defeat.
    Thank you! I think that's exactly what happened. He run out of ammo and wit so we went - THERE! When it was completely uncalled for. Then adds how much money he's got in the bank etc. Tooting his own horn where his assets were never even being questioned.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

What he said was wrong. Drinking is not an excuse. People use derogitory monikors to refer to most everyone they come in contact with and that's wrong. We've all done it...we all need to stop.
    The hatred just gets thicker as the world's population becomes (Physically) closer together. We are no longer a planet of continents and countries. We, in fact, are a planet of people that needs to get along, get organized, and get a grip on the socio-ecological-economic issues we all face....'As the World's Nationality, PEOPLE!!!

Junior Poster

"Is it right to call a T a 'he'?"

Only if the "he" in question is a TV or a CD.

I agree with you, Nicole. It's simple respect to address a person presenting as female as "she" even if you know the difference.

Gold Poster

Drag Queens are not women....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_queen