Default what's in vaccines?

Professional Poster

please note the animal ingredients in the polio and hepatitus vaccines............

My nephew was born 8 years ago.His first 6 months he was developing ahead of pace,and seemed like quite a healthy kid.

Then he was given a multi vaccine...and guess what.He stopped speaking,smiling,and withdrew.While there is no absolute proof that the mercury in this vaccine gave him the Autism he now has to live the rest of his life with,most signs point to the vaccines as the cause.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    My nephew was born 8 years ago.His first 6 months he was developing ahead of pace,and seemed like quite a healthy kid.

Then he was given a multi vaccine...and guess what.He stopped speaking,smiling,and withdrew.While there is no absolute proof that the mercury in this vaccine gave him the Autism he now has to live the rest of his life with,most signs point to the vaccines as the cause.
    It is a shame about your nephew but blaming the vaccine is just grasping at straws. As you mention, there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism. Children with autism often appear to develop early in some ways before their inability to connect socially manifests itself.

The real problem is parents refusing to get their kids vaccinated before sending them out into the world due to all the media hype. Sensationalist stories, like Jenny McCarthy on Oprah, are only muddying the debate about a fairly clear science. It's a public health issue because vaccination programs only work when most people participate.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia

Part of the problem is that they don't really know what causes autism. There are between 5 and 20 different genes that may cause it. The involvement of toxins and outside poisons is idle speculation at this point since there's never been a proven connection. My girlfriends brother has autism, he developed normally until he about 3 or 4 and then his development simply slowed down.

i read something recently that seems to suggest expose to electromagnetic waves have some thing to do with autism.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

There's an ever increasing amount of anecdotal evidence that certain combinations of vaccines create problems in some people. The problem is that it's anecdotal. Everyone's body reacts differently. One size doesn't fit all. I'm leery of the anecdotal evidence, & I'm a big fan of vaccines, but I'm also leery of those who dismiss it out of hand. Anecdotes prove nothing, but they demand a full & honest assessment of the questions they pose.

I remember the polio outbreak of the '50s. Every neighborhood had at least one kid in leg braces or worse. None of them are alive today. Thanks to the Mother's March of Dimes, who got the vaccine to everyone, you almost never see the disease anymore.

Smallpox was a scourge of mankind for centuries if not milenia. Thanks to the vaccine, it only exists in a few petri dishes & paranoid imaginations nowadays. I still bear the scar on my shoulder as do almost everybody my age. The only question about smallpox today is whether humanity, for the first time in history, should deliberately cause another species to go extinct. That's why it's still in the petri dishes.

There's a lot more vaccines tody than there ever were. I actually contracted measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, & chickenpox. The "childhood diseases". I don't remember having diptheria but I did get a tetanus shot once that I know of. Catching & surviving the disease was what we had for vaccines back then. Parents didn't isolate their kids from it because they wanted to get it over with early. Some of those diseases, especially mumps & chickenpox, can be devastating if not deadly to adults who catch them. I wouldn't wish any of those diseases on anybody if they can avoid them. They totally suck.

I can't help but wonder though, if maybe lumping vaccines together in a single batch can have adverse affects on it's own. The claim makes a certain amount of sense. Could there be such a thing as overvaccinating? Or maybe just taxing the system with an overload of different antibodies without giving it a chance to settle down in between? It's worth a look. Not just at the vaccines themselves, but all the rest of the possible mitigating factors too, like body chemistry & metabolism or even dietary differences between the kids who they're given to. We're talking about children who are still in the early process of developing their immune systems. Perhaps we should be checking out the feasability of individual screening before introducing strange things into their bodies. Just a thought.

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~

individual screening: good idea. Modern medicine is based on the assumption that every human is identical genetically. (one size fits all mentality)

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Professional Poster

what is the word for when a disease jumps from species to species??zoonosis or something like that.. i think something was overlooked in that monkey dna in the 1970's by none other than robert gallo............

what is the word for when a disease jumps from species to species??
    I think it's "OOPS!".

"You can pick your friends & you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends off on your saddle."
    ~ Kinky Friedman ~