Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

I saw the Honda nomination coming, of course. The thing is, I don't hate him, no matter how pissed off I get. Aside from his inability to have conducted the whole desert visit as a gentleman (which includes keeping one's liasons private, which is a huge violation of trust to me, ESPECIALLY with a well known member of the board), he's harmless and frequently humorous.
    The worst members have quickly self destructed. I don't know anyone well enough to put them down, although I will say that the ones who go out of their way to make the women feel bad need to get lives. I've known some crazy women, and have dated quite a few, but telling them they're crazy doesn't help. The walk-a-mile-in-their-shoes saying goes double to me when it comes to transsexuals. I have no desire anymore, if I ever really did, to take on the psychological burdens of anyone who's had to struggle with gender identity.
    This board has its own coat of many colors. One minute you're talking to (or about)a seemingly well adjusted woman, the next it's someone who lives their life somewhere on an edge I can't imagine I'd deal with very well in that situation. Not being judgemental can turn into empathy and the next thing I know I'm in danger of seeming like an asskisser. But when there's such a range of personalities, and the focus of the board itself is so amorphous it's no wonder people get their feathers ruffled. But in the final analysis this board reflects our attitudes towards sex in general. We men want our women to be both angels and whores, then get upset when they turn out to have feet of clay...and of course they do the same thing to men.

Silver Poster

Cīmon, guys. Is this necessary?

Just wanted to let it be known that I'm going back into "invisible mode"...
    lest anyone should figure out that I have nothing better to do at 3pm on a Saturday than be on an internet board...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Professional Poster EyeCumInPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    I agree.

"I used to say that politics was the second oldest profession, and I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first."
    -Ronald Reagan

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by EyeCumInPiece
    I agree.
    opcorn opcorn opcorn

Actually, this thread really isn't necessary, and we all know it. Of course, we also know that "Top 5 Favorite Bands of All Time" isn't a necessary thread either, but if people are willing to contribute to that thread, or any other thread, who are any of us to imply, or implicitly state even, that the thread shouldn't exist?

Bottom line: Participate or don't. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Actually, this thread really isn't necessary, and we all know it. Of course, we also know that "Top 5 Favorite Bands of All Time" isn't a necessary thread either, but if people are willing to contribute to that thread, or any other thread, who are any of us to imply, or implicitly state even, that the thread shouldn't exist?

You canīt compare the bands thread to this one.

Gold Poster

I agree. We should all just agree that Legend is the obvious choice here and move on!

If we're talking about the necessity of the thread, I can compare the two, because I view that thread as unnecessary, just as you've deemed this one unnecessary. Of course, because I was uninterested in that thread, I didn't post in it, leaving it to people who were interested to enjoy the thread in peace. Not that I mean that as any kind of insult to you, but I mean... c'mon.

If we're honest, we all will admit a thread like this generates a lot of views, which is interesting considering all the people who complain about the rampant negativity on this board lately. I mean, having viewed the title of this thread, why did you bother clicking on it if you have the opinion of such a thread as you claim to have?

In any event, what can be done if people want to create threads such as this? Shall we limit threads to such mundane topics as "What's Your Favorite Type of Cake?" or such and delete threads that might be more controversial? Not saying I need to see threads bashing anyone on a daily basis, but I definitely don't need to see "Top 5 Bands of All Time" threads every day either, whether I want to participate in them or not.