Rookie Poster

Default Anyone Familiar With The Village Cafe & Bar (NYC)?

I recently picked up the Village Voice newspaper which I have not read in almost 1 year. On the back there's an ad in the Bulletin Board section that says Transgender Party at the Village Cafe & Bar located at 137 7th Ave So. (near 10th St). It goes on to say everybody is welcome, open 7 nights from 7:30pm, and no cover charge before 11pm. Is anyone familiar with this place? What have your experiences been? What are the best nights to attend? What are the pros and cons of this place? Thanks for your response.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

formerly known as Edelweiss
    where most of the local girls go after the leave the real party
    OR
    where most of the girls that can't make $$$ but don't want to leave Manhattan to go back to their boro frequent

$$$ entrance fee for a bar and then if I'm not mistaken more to go up to the 2nd floor to basically get a tugjob on a disgusting lounge apparatus

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

JohnnyWalker,

Thanks for the response. On a scale of 1 - 10, how would you rate this place? Are you a frequent visitor?

Veteran Poster

the place used to be great back in the day. i would say now, if you hapen to be walking by and can manage to get yourself in for free, give it a whirl. don't make a special trip.