Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I'm classically trained on the piano, and I love to sing-especially with my partner. A major goal of ours over the next year is to start performing again.

Junior Poster

im half of a compugrind band called The Candyland Massacre, i do guitars bass drum programming keys and vocals and then my own personal music project the Benoit Tragedy, whihc is liek a deathgrinkblackpunkthrashhop sorta thing

....black rain falls indoors and outside

Junior Poster

nice to see some other death metal cats here \m/ horns up!

....black rain falls indoors and outside

Veteran Poster

my instrument is the warwick fna jazzman five string... band days are over since its long hours, and low pay (unless your in a good cover band)
    session bass playing was going to be my career, but another job fell in my lap like a cheap whore....

damn those cheap whore jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Nikka

awwww thanks
    It's true. And might I add that EVERY SINGLE ONE of you lot on this board should be getting over to CDBABY RIGHT NOW to buy the Edonis CD. Best $8 you'll spend this week, that's for sure.

I have it in the car all the time. The CD I mean.

Nikka, have you ever looked at emusic as an outlet or do the numbers just not add up?

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    I play guitar. Not in a band but we do sessions and some projects for ourselves. I also played some live gigs but there are no fame ambitions or such stuff. I play the music I love for myself. I listen to several Metal sub-genres but my influences come from the technical side. When I say technical, I mean technical Death/Thrash Metal, Neo-classical and Progressive Metal and Jazz-Fusion. I own a Ibanez RGT 42.
    Tech Metal is the shit, You like PsyOpus or Orthrelm?

Rookie Poster

I'm a guitar player and singer, although these days, being a recording engineer takes all my time so I haven't been in a band in quite some time. My old band was pretty diverse, sounding something like a mash between Soundgarden and some good ol' Washington DC punk rock.

When I play nowadays, it comes out like the Pixies/PJ Harvey/the Posies, all of whom are influences along with Husker Du, Tool, Ani DiFranco, lot's of 80s non-hair metal, Marvin Gaye, lot's o' stuff.

I've just recently gotten into writing again, but moreso for other people. I don't harbor anymore desire to be a rock star. It feels really good to be creative with my own music again, as opposed to someone else's.

Cheers....

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntasaurus-Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    I play guitar. Not in a band but we do sessions and some projects for ourselves. I also played some live gigs but there are no fame ambitions or such stuff. I play the music I love for myself. I listen to several Metal sub-genres but my influences come from the technical side. When I say technical, I mean technical Death/Thrash Metal, Neo-classical and Progressive Metal and Jazz-Fusion. I own a Ibanez RGT 42.
    Tech Metal is the shit, You like PsyOpus or Orthrelm?
    These might be some new bands? I´m exactly into Nocturnus, Atheist, Cynic, Death, Cacophony, Gorguts, Pestilence, Paradox, Forbidden, Heathen, Coroner, Vio-lence, Vitalij Kuprij, Artension, Ring of Fire, Symphony X, The Armada, Watchtower...... just to name few from the different Metal sub-genres. Most of these bands started in the 1980ies and I´m generally focused on 80ies and early 90ies stuff when it comes to extreme Metal and of course on the late 60ies and 70ies era of Heavy Metal. There are some good new bands in the underground scene but I always return to the originals.

5 Star Poster

I mess around with fruity loops occassionally

Rookie Poster

Fruity loops seems like fun, although I've never used it personally. Anything that's user-friendly, intuitive, and helps people be creative without getting super technical is a-okay in my book. (Acid, Garage Band, Live).

As long as they don't make sounding Pro too easy, so I can still have a job, that is......