Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Chicago Pizza and Hotdogs VS NY

Quote Originally Posted by LBCDO
    I always have this argument with my people from NY. To tell the truth, NY aint got shit on some UNOs Deep Dish. I know there are a lot of people here from NY, but I swear, if you try a REAL chicago hot dog or some REAL deep dish, you probally wont admit it, but the our food is better. YOu can keep that floppy ass, greasy ass, thin crust pizza.

to me it is this simple:

Ray's Pizza on 11th street and 6th ave

and

Nathan's Hot Dogs in Coney Island

Been to Chicago at least 10 times. It's good but it is like comparing
    me in a dress to the Fine hung Angels

Junior Poster

LBCDO, the one thing I really loved about the south is Crystal's. I thought they were good as far as fast food goes, as is Hardees.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

Silver Poster

That was low Wombat.

You New York cats crack me up claiming everything.

A Nathan's opened up on Rush Street in the 80's and was gone in a year.

Macy's slapped their name on Marshall Field's and their sales dropped by double digits.

I have even heard fools say House music started in NY!

You guys like your pizza like you like your women's asses-- flat and greasy.

I've neverdone good things
    I've never done bad things
    I've never done anything out of the blue

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Atlanta isnt really worth a shit for food. What do we have here, waffle house? Because thats the only thing youll find after the club or 5 or 6 AM. Im talking about some quick, order, eat, and leave food. I think the best thing ATL has is Fat Matts on Piedmont, and even there you pay $8 for a kids meal
    Couldn't agree more. People talk about Buckhead like it's some sort of culinary mecca. Living here, I have to say the place is phenomanol, but they don't know shit about food.

-Quinn
    I mean, here we have a lot of things to do, and lots of people. And the TGirls, wow. Shits off the chain. But food, hell naw. Buckhead is so wack. It started going downhill with that BMF/Big Meech stabbing. I used to live off of Pharr Rd and I loved being in the middle of everything, but it sucked finding something to eat. 3 Dollar Cafe all day.

What do we have here, waffle house?
    Hey, don't knock the Waffle House and their chopped, smothered, covered, diced, sliced, sauteed, flipped, flopped, whatever hash browns/chili.

Before they got this far north (Just south of Philly), WH was =the=place to eat, late nite, when I was on the road.

Word to the wise: They crank up the AC to chill the customers and make the food get cold fast to create higher turnover. Sneaky bahstids. I just wore a jacket and ordered more chili and hash browns.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

I like the pizza in Philly too. And the water ice
    And with that sentence you just disqualified everything you've ever said. Philly pizza is the nastiest thing period and I say this as someone who lived in Philly for several years. Philly pizza has philly water in it and tastes exactly like it. (For anyone who doesn't know, Philly water is disgusting, it needs to be filtered twice before it's drinkable)

Philly pizza has philly water in it and tastes exactly like it. (For anyone who doesn't know, Philly water is disgusting, it needs to be filtered twice before it's drinkable)
    I'll agree on that. The food is only as good as the ingredients, and if the stuff is fresh (As it should be) it depends on a lot on local sources, such as the water.

Most of my local (Philly) experience is suburban, therefore better water and often better suppliers.

LBCDO, the one thing I really loved about the south is Crystal's. I thought they were good as far as fast food goes, as is Hardees.
    Eeeewww! Are you serious?!? I only ate Crystal's once, when I showed up in Nashville a day late and a dollar short and someone took pity on me. Though not total garbage, they are more akin to White Castle (Who will ship their sliders =anywhere= in the world by calling 1-800-WCASTLE), and oft the meal of the desperate (See "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle").

Hardee's is passable. I do like their burgers, but as a show of my confidence in them, I have not imbibed of their faire since 1977. Framingham, near the Dennison plant.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Philly pizza has philly water in it and tastes exactly like it. (For anyone who doesn't know, Philly water is disgusting, it needs to be filtered twice before it's drinkable)
    I'll agree on that. The food is only as good as the ingredients, and if the stuff is fresh (As it should be) it depends on a lot on local sources, such as the water.

Most of my local (Philly) experience is suburban, therefore better water and often better suppliers.
    I was out in west philly but found that the water was pretty terrible no matter where in the city you were. I used to make sure that when I was at a restuarant they always brought several lemon wedges with the water just in case it was from the tap. Where were you located?

stillies77

Philly Cheesesteaks kick everything elses ass.

I was out in west philly but found that the water was pretty terrible no matter where in the city you were. I used to make sure that when I was at a restuarant they always brought several lemon wedges with the water just in case it was from the tap. Where were you located?
    I'm in Delawhere, the only Philly suburb with its own governor (of which I was unwittingly a contender at some point). My 'Philly' food experience has been as far afield as Norristown, Bristol, and Pensauken.