Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

GINOS IS THE SHIT! Best damn Pizza in the World. Well, its hard to say which is the best, so ill say in my top 3.

Junior Poster

Ginos and Unos, thats all you need man.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LBCDO
    Sorry, but Chitown wins, hands down. Then skimpy ass Nathans Hot dogs!

Oh, Vanessa, they say soda in NY, they dont know about the grape pop, some 50/50, or RC Cola.
    What you're saying is laughable. You're not arguing that your pizza and hotdogs are better, you're arguing that your TOPPINGS are better. New York hotdog and pizza stand on their own, they don't need toppings to be good.

And just so you know, we have RC cola in NYC too. It goes for 50 or 75 cents and is usually stored on a dust covered shelf because no one buys them. RC is the original bootleg soda.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    The Travel Channel actually did a documentary on the competition between NYC and Chicago over who makes the best pizza. It even features a competition between the most legendary pizza-makers from both cities. The next time it's on is Nov. 14, at 3:00 PM. Having already seen it, I have to say it was really interesting.

http://travel.discovery.com/tv-sched...363.105096.0.0

-Quinn
    ALREADY SET THE TIMER ON MY CABLE BOX FOR IT!

Not only does chicago have the best Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Cheesecake, we also are killing everyone else with:

HoagiesPizza Puffs
    Late Nite Chinese
    Steak Sandwiches from 111th and Racine
    Wait, you obviously never had a hogie from Philly. In Philly they make some of the best hogies in the country.

Junior Poster

I'll give it to New York for Bagels. There are a few places in Skokie for some good bagels, but not quite like NY or even NJ.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker
    Sorry, but Chitown wins, hands down. Then skimpy ass Nathans Hot dogs!

Oh, Vanessa, they say soda in NY, they dont know about the grape pop, some 50/50, or RC Cola.
    What you're saying is laughable. You're not arguing that your pizza and hotdogs are better, you're arguing that your TOPPINGS are better. New York hotdog and pizza stand on their own, they don't need toppings to be good.

And just so you know, we have RC cola in NYC too. It goes for 50 or 75 cents and is usually stored on a dust covered shelf because no one buys them. RC is the original bootleg soda.
    Take a plain hot dog from NY and a plain hot dog in Chicago and our will probally stand out because of the bun and the meat. But the way we make ours is what sets it apart.

And we put Deep Dish on the map. Personally if I go to NY I dont even want the pizza because usually its all greasy and makes my stomach hurt and taste like just cheese. Take take a plain deep dish [which is kinda wack] and it still kills that street corner bullshit you get in NY. [Friendly shit talking, dont think Im getting personal]

But the hoagies in Philly are good. Nobody beats a REAL philly cheese. I like the pizza in Philly too. And the water ice

When my ex and I first got together, she lived in Lakeview, two blocks from Wrigley (Before Lights). I love that town. Though "Late Night" eats never worked for me as I was usually in the Loop at that hour and the whole damned area shuts down at 5:30 and on weekends (Including Illinois Center) save for the Bugger King at Michigan and Wacker.

Dogs, most definitely, and the Pizza Puff. Deep dish, if you're at the right place.

I still swear by Ray's on Broadway in NY and Back Bay House of Pizza in Boston. Both served the best (And word has come to me that they still do). Heard a lot about Pepe's in New Haven, but have yet to go. Damned place is a tourist attraction, and I so hate dining with fucking tourists.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Setting aside the competition between NYC and Chicago for a moment, I would like to take the opportunity to complain about pizza in Georgia. IT TOTALLY SUCKS!!! It tastes like sawdust from diseased trees. Seriously, I've given up hope of finding anything approximating edible pizza here in Georgia.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

Atlanta isnt really worth a shit for food. What do we have here, waffle house? Because thats the only thing youll find after the club or 5 or 6 AM. Im talking about some quick, order, eat, and leave food. I think the best thing ATL has is Fat Matts on Piedmont, and even there you pay $8 for a kids meal

Atlanta isnt really worth a shit for food. What do we have here, waffle house? Because thats the only thing youll find after the club or 5 or 6 AM. Im talking about some quick, order, eat, and leave food. I think the best thing ATL has is Fat Matts on Piedmont, and even there you pay $8 for a kids meal
    Couldn't agree more. People talk about Buckhead like it's some sort of culinary mecca. Living here, I have to say the place is phenomanol, but they don't know shit about food.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.