Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Chicago Pizza and Hotdogs VS NY

I always have this argument with my people from NY. To tell the truth, NY aint got shit on some UNOs Deep Dish. I know there are a lot of people here from NY, but I swear, if you try a REAL chicago hot dog or some REAL deep dish, you probally wont admit it, but the our food is better. YOu can keep that floppy ass, greasy ass, thin crust pizza.

Default Yea

I have to agree. I have an ongoing joke with my girl from vegas. We try hot dogs in every city we vist, and yep a Chicago Style hot dog cannot be beat!!!! When in NY i get mad, I have to make them add the tomato, onion and relish.

Veteran Poster

Yea, I miss Bono's. They have a couple spots here in ATL that have good hot dogs, but nothing like real thing. They have a Harolds Chicken here, but I think someone just bought the name because it for damn sure aint the Chicken King that Im used to!

Gold Poster

lol @ this thread

from an outsider looking in, i always thought chicago were better known for their pizzas

Default Re: Chicago Pizza and Hotdogs VS NY

Quote Originally Posted by LBCDO
    I always have this argument with my people from NY. To tell the truth, NY aint got shit on some UNOs Deep Dish. I know there are a lot of people here from NY, but I swear, if you try a REAL chicago hot dog or some REAL deep dish, you probally wont admit it, but the our food is better. YOu can keep that floppy ass, greasy ass, thin crust pizza.
    LBCDO, I agree with you about the hot dogs, but Chicago deep dish is truly awful. I would rather eat tofu or some similarly disgusting substance than what essentially amounts to a big wad of doe that kills any hint of tomato taste.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

See, thats when you just let em know you want extra sauce. It works out. If you dont use a fork when you eat your pizza or have to pick it apart, you're not eating real deep dish!

But we are known for our pizza, but the hot dogs are the truth too. Shit, when jew town was still open it was over. They call ChiTown the 2nd city, but not becuase its second to NY. We've got all types of food that puts us on the map!

The Travel Channel actually did a documentary on the competition between NYC and Chicago over who makes the best pizza. It even features a competition between the most legendary pizza-makers from both cities. The next time it's on is Nov. 14, at 3:00 PM. Having already seen it, I have to say it was really interesting.

http://travel.discovery.com/tv-sched...363.105096.0.0

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

for those who are unknowing...

http://www.viennabeef.com/culture/chicagostyle.asp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chi_dog_779.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	143540  

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

not a hot dog guy, but both pizzas are good imo. where chi town takes in my book is the cheescake. i mean there are some good spots for cheesecake in NY, but chitown has the best. man i need to visit there again.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    The Travel Channel actually did a documentary on the competition between NYC and Chicago over who makes the best pizza. It even features a competition between the most legendary pizza-makers from both cities. The next time it's on is Nov. 14, at 3:00 PM. Having already seen it, I have to say it was really interesting.

http://travel.discovery.com/tv-sched...363.105096.0.0

-Quinn
    ALREADY SET THE TIMER ON MY CABLE BOX FOR IT!

Not only does chicago have the best Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Cheesecake, we also are killing everyone else with:

Hoagies
    Pizza Puffs
    Late Nite Chinese
    Steak Sandwiches from 111th and Racine