Thread: What is rape?

Junior Poster

Scientific Name: Brassica napus
    Other names: Rape, Colza, Oilseed Rape, Rapa, Rapaseed
    Family: Brassicaceae or Cruciferae

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dan_drade
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    If a girl is drunk there is no why i would violate her because she isn't in a correct state of mind,in my opinion if any guy does have sex with a girl who is intoxicated he is a scumbag.
    If you date a girl and get her drunk on the first date and take advantage of her, that would be a little scummy. But if you have already been dating for several months and it just happens that the first time you have sex is on a night that you go to a club or something and have a few drink and are having a lot of fun. I don't think that would be scummy at all.

Same thing in my opnion dude even if you have dated for a while,she isn't in a right state of mind,what is to say that she really didn't want to have sex.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dan_drade
    If a girl is drunk there is no why i would violate her because she isn't in a correct state of mind,in my opinion if any guy does have sex with a girl who is intoxicated he is a scumbag.
    If you date a girl and get her drunk on the first date and take advantage of her, that would be a little scummy. But if you have already been dating for several months and it just happens that the first time you have sex is on a night that you go to a club or something and have a few drink and are having a lot of fun. I don't think that would be scummy at all.

Same thing in my opnion dude even if you have dated for a while,she isn't in a right state of mind,what is to say that she really didn't want to have sex.
    if you are both dateing long term and you decide to have a night out drinking and you both get home and are intoxicated a long as it is not forced sex than i don't see what your problem is. lots of couples get drunk and then jump into bed together.

5 Star Poster

I wonder if Honda will chime in here.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

long story short, just leave it alone. rape laws are on a womans side, for some god reasons, but girls can be vindictive, and its certainly one way for a girl to TOTALLY fuck up a mans life far beyond jail time.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Junior Poster

All I know is that the law in America says that someone is unable to consent to sexual advances if they are intoxicated. Technically that means any time you have sex with someone who is over a certain limit of BAC, your actually commiting rape.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

5 Star Poster

Blackhaze....wtf does your avatar mean? Did you come up with that?

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Leverage87
    All I know is that the law in America says that someone is unable to consent to sexual advances if they are intoxicated. Technically that means any time you have sex with someone who is over a certain limit of BAC, your actually commiting rape.
    Well I don't think I would have sex with a girl that is fall down drunk or passed out on my bed. What fun would that be? But if we are both buzzed and a both feeling in the mood, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. And I belive in the original post that James states that his gf was "a bit tipsy". I hardly consider that to be fall down drunk or passed out on the bed. IMHO she is well aware of what is going on and she can make her own decisions at that point.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Junior Poster

Well, im not exactly sure what they state at which point someone is that level of drunk, but I dont think its too high... I don't know for sure though.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Leverage87
    Well, im not exactly sure what they state at which point someone is that level of drunk, but I dont think its too high... I don't know for sure though.
    Alchohol is a funny thing. I think it is used as an excuse by a lot of people to cover up stupid choices that they have made while intoxicated. I have been drunk many times. And sometimes really drunk, but I still know when I am doing something wrong no matter how drink I get. Even after a whole bottle of jack, I know when I am wrong. So, unless someone is passed out or falling on the floor, I think they know what they are doing. And if they use the alcohol for an excuse, they are probably sull of shit. At least IMHO.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.