Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

never heard of kelly before, though i've got a big interest in Holland, and i've been learning the language.

I might get her email and say,

"Hai, hoe is het met jou?" one day (Hi, how are you?)

Senior Member Veteran Poster

until either ts's make up a significant percentage of the population (10% lets say) or enough time goes by that to be transsexual is totally blase
    i don't think we will see many ts's doing roles besides those where it is
    that fact that they ARE ts that is the focal point of the role.

ts's in the mainstream world is another thing altogether. there are so many ts's who work in offices, are managers, IT consultants, salespeople, secretaries, waitresses, etc. etc. the performing arts is a very small part of the world as a whole it just happens to be the most visible.

Veteran Poster

I agree Caleig...
    I hope I get out of the "mainstream" soon, altho I really like the attention, I rather work behind the scenes, I am tired of fighting for attention from the world, a while back I wanted to be an actress and that dream was shattered when I moved to LA, I do a few roles here and there but you have to take life as it comes, I am sure every girl dreams of the spotlight, but beauty fades so I am making sure I work in a more substantial field that will suppprt me at old age. I have another 6 months to go to school and already the assistant principal is talking about sending me to a News Station to do makeup for them, I am very excited...

Rookie Poster

That's awesome Danielle. Congratulations !

There is no good and no bad - but thinking makes it so...

Rookie Poster

That's awesome Danielle. Congratulations !

There is no good and no bad - but thinking makes it so...

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    But look how many roles Jaye Davidson got after the Crying Game.
    But Jaye Davidson is a gay man not a transexual.Am I right?
    He has acted also in Stargate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chica
    and starred in her own music video, albeit was a really bad song, it still shows that anyone can get a famous career going.
    Try this link Chica.I like a lot the videoclip "I'm what I am" of the singer Kelly Riviera
    This is the link to her website http://www.bigkelly.com/
    Let me know what you think
    My understanding is that Jaye was paid $1mm for Stargate & then didn't learn her lines and otherwise messed up. The fiasco killed her chances of a film career.

For a lot of examples of ts success in the mainstream, media and otherwise, see: http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...successes.html

Default There's more than one Kelly here

Hi,

Kelly Riviera is 23, lives in Illinois, is in a relationship and happy, and can be found via http://www.vickirene.net/sigssg047.htm. Or Google her in images and you gets lots of links.
    The Kelly at http://www.bigkelly.com/ is actually Kelly Van Der Veer, a post-op TS who has celebrity status in Holland, and who has appeared on Dutch 'Big Brother' and on the cover of the Dutch version of Playboy. Basically, she's as or more famous than Nadia Almada (winner of Big Brother here - hmm, is there a thread developing here) is here in the UK, or Miriam, who amongst other shows, took part in --- Australian Big Brother!

Please, does anyone have any other TS appearances in non-Adult Entertainment shows they can throw in?

And Danielle, any update on the stuff in this thread about work you are doing on the outside?

Finally, although I'm not a laugh-at type of person, a couple of real names in the thread above raised a distinct smile. And just to prove I've got a little boy's sense of humour, there was an article in The Times the weekend just passed about efforts in New Delhi to restore the place for the 100th anniversary of a ceremony that occurred in 1911, when the King of England was presented to local chiefs and dignitaries as the Emperor of India - basically just before the Empire started to crumble. The person leading the restoration is the Chief Minister of New Delhi,
    Mrs Sheila Dikshit.
    So, here's the hurdle level - if you come back with a name of your own, please make sure you top Mrs Dikshit. And yes, I did warn you it was little-boy humour.

Regards,
    Iago

Junior Poster

Yeah I met Kelly Riviera in Normal before on campus (ISU)....she used to hang with some Tri Delts and later told me she pledged....not sure how true it is...hmmm...Found out she was a TS when I saw her collegeclub profile much later though. She lives in Alton now though I think.

I'm not a businessman,
    I'm a BUSINESS MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    There are many things that need to happen before a TS will be staring along side of Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck.
    I dunno. Kevin Smith is one freaky guy. Ben may already have been up in the camera with a TS and never knew (Or let on).

And speaking of Harrison Ford...

I haven't seen any mention of the TS/TG that played the TS prostitute on Ally McBeal. That episode was incredibly well done (Even if the ending was a stereotypical disaster re: What becomes of the odd-gendered character at the end of the episode). They really could have run with that had they not gone for the tear-jerk ending.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell