Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Neurosis
    ISIS

and don't give me any of that subgenre bullshit because A. I don't fucking care, and B. neither do either of those bands

Also:
    Machine Head
    In Flames
    System

Rookie Poster

in no particular order

voivod
    confessor
    kyuss / qotsa
    mastodon
    entombed
    clutch

and many many more

and to add to the mayhem/burzum string .......i met a few of those guys in the early 90's......payed a gig whith mayhem in the uk ...and have to say they were the oddest bunch of poeple ....and i am not surprised they started killing themselves and each other ...

too wierd to live, too rare to die

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dandanx
    in no particular order

voivod
    confessor
    kyuss / qotsa
    mastodon
    entombed
    clutch

and many many more

and to add to the mayhem/burzum string .......i met a few of those guys in the early 90's......payed a gig whith mayhem in the uk ...and have to say they were the oddest bunch of poeple ....and i am not surprised they started killing themselves and each other ...
    They are the Axl Roses of Black Metal. Arrogant people were never intelligent people. I never recognized Black Metal as a sub-genre of Metal because there´s not one riff, power chord or soli that makes it belong to Metal. All the freak show is some bullshit to me that began to stink more with those killings and political bigotry. Black Metal was born with Venom and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond when it still was a mixture of Rock N Roll and Heavy Metal and is completely different from today´s Black Metal. Those Scandinavian guys are intepreting everything their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    in no particular order

voivod
    confessor
    kyuss / qotsa
    mastodon
    entombed
    clutch

and many many more

Black Metal was born with Venom and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond when it still was a mixture of Rock N Roll and Heavy Metal and is completely different from today´s Black Metal. Those Scandinavian guys are intepreting everything their own way.
    Yeah you forgot Hellhammer/Celtic Frost...they werent as funny as Venom or as goofy as King Billy but they were out at the same times.The new Black Metal is just silly IMO

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    in no particular order

voivod
    confessor
    kyuss / qotsa
    mastodon
    entombed
    clutch

and many many more

Black Metal was born with Venom and Mercyful Fate/King Diamond when it still was a mixture of Rock N Roll and Heavy Metal and is completely different from today´s Black Metal. Those Scandinavian guys are intepreting everything their own way.
    Yeah you forgot Hellhammer/Celtic Frost...they werent as funny as Venom or as goofy as King Billy but they were out at the same times.The new Black Metal is just silly IMO
    Yeah, Hellhammer, Maniac Butcher and stuff like this is the early era of today´s Black Metal.

Veteran Poster

I like to listen to Rammstein while I plan my next move for world domination...

Regards from The Combat Wombat

Eats roots, shoots and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat
    I like to listen to Rammstein while I plan my next move for world domination...
    Well shit man if youre gonna put in Der Rammstein then dont forget to add...

Birmingham 6
    KMFDM
    Ministry(the lords of all this shit)

almost forgot

Thrill Kill Kult and Lords of Acid(boy they suck ass)

Junior Poster

i totally forgot about Darkthrone, probably my favorite black metal band of all time.
    also i believe former Aboyrm singer and current mayhem singer Attilla Chishar took over vocals after deads suicide. hahaha whoever started this thread thank you for finally giving me somethign to talk about

....black rain falls indoors and outside

Junior Poster

Gotta be THE GODZ, Eric Moore's band from Columbus OH.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	godz_logo_396.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	142521  

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Professional Poster

Blue Oyster Cult circa '71 to '75. No one was close to them in those days.

Then they found that damned cowbell in '76.

Ancient Pervert.