Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Tom Cruise: Should a big tarp be thrown over him?

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809913399/video/4928963/

Putting aside all his weirdness...does anyone find this guy capable of acting?
    To me, he's the human equivalent of a Jerry Bruckheimer film. I never buy anything he's selling.
    I watched the trailer above and thought how much more weight the film would carry with...just about anyone else in the role. Hell, Vince Vaughn. OK, maybe not.

Here, watch this. It cheered me right up.

Veteran Poster

i think he is a good actor... in my own opinion http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yiuivq5fLzw

5 Star Poster

In my dreams you're blowin' me
    Some kisses....
    I fucken lol'd...

Default Re: Tom Cruise: Should a big tarp be thrown over him?

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed

To me, he's the human equivalent of a Jerry Bruckheimer film. I never buy anything he's selling.
    I watched the trailer above and thought how much more weight the film would carry with...just about anyone else in the role.
    With the exception of Top Gun I can't think of a single film he's done that another actor could not have done better, sometimes much, much better. Actually Dennis Quaid would have kicked his arse as Maverick, so I take that back too.

Pretty face. Predictable. Yawn. Tarp the fucker already.

Gold Poster

I hate Tom Cruise. He's lost the plot with all that Scientology stuff. I agree that there's not one film he's done that would'nt be better if he wasn't in it...

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    I hate Tom Cruise. He's lost the plot with all that Scientology stuff. I agree that there's not one film he's done that would'nt be better if he wasn't in it...
    He´s part of Scientology since 1986. They probably pushed him forward in his career because he´s not an artist or a real actor but just making career. Thousands of actors are living on the edge of surviving who could have made all his roles 1938435 times better. Tom Cruise is not the only one crappy "actor" in Hollywood and Hollywood is not the CINEMA. Like Mickey Rourke once said: he´s a cunt.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Coroner
    Like Mickey Rourke once said: he´s a cunt.
    haha i agree

Professional Poster

I liked what he did in "Legend", no matter how geeky it is to admit it.

Junior Poster

I think Tom Cruise is a good actor, he smiles too much in his movie sometimes making it look fake, but he is good.

Christian Bale however is the best.

The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object.
    Thomas Jefferson
    3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Default Re: Tom Cruise: Should a big tarp be thrown over him?

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed

I watched the trailer above and thought how much more weight the film would carry with...just about anyone else in the role. Hell, Vince Vaughn. OK, maybe not.

Here, watch this. It cheered me right up.
    Hey man I LIKE Vince Vaughn!!

And for the record Tom Cruise isnt the greatest actor,but he was good in Jerry McGuire