5 Star Poster

Default Food Poisoning: I don't like it

So yesterday I grabbed a spicy chicken burrito from Taco Bell, now known to me as Taco Hurl. Within two hours I was sick as hell. I had to go to work - the governor was there and I had to coordinate with a bunch of mobile news trucks as I'm in charge of sound and video where I work. The whole time I needed to either be making a dash for the bathroom or for a bucket.
    Luckily I had today off. All day long I've been able to only keep down a little apple juice. I looked up food poisoning, and whatever the germ that caused it, the probable source was the same: human feces. Not the thing you want to read when your stomach is flipping around. Ugh. Of course, the fine boys and girls who make your Crunchwrap Surpreme would never not wash up after going to the bathroom, right?

I think I'm done with fast food forever. I feel like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.

suckseed,

that whole stuff sucks, but pal, you havent felt pain until you got gallbladder-attack

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

5 Star Poster

Uh, I hope I never do. Did you ever see that Deadwood episode where Swearingen has kidney stones? My brother has had them repeatedly, and we watched the show together..he said it really brought back the agony. I take it you survived the experience?

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Uh, I hope I never do. Did you ever see that Deadwood episode where Swearingen has kidney stones? My brother has had them repeatedly, and we watched the show together..he said it really brought back the agony. I take it you survived the experience?
    yes I did, I am physically posting not my ghost lol

but seriously, the pain that comes with it is nasty. and its somewhat intertwined with fastfood, which is usually high on fat. and fat is poison for the gallbladder.

so I have a good excuse to shun fast food. admittedly, I liked McDonalds and Burger King. I want to get over my gallbladder trouble with a low fat diet and I am on that for several months now and I have to say its really done me good. I was never a fatty but I lost some weiht in the process, and most importantly, eating "healthy" (=low fat, low sugar, vegetables, fruits etc) makes you really feel better.

so, it even seems the good aspects of that attack and its consequences outweighed the nasty ones. nevertheless I dont wish that happen to my worst enemies (well ,to my number one or two enemy probably)

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Food poisoning is the worst. I've had it twice. The first time was from a Texas-style BBQ buffet. The more recent time was from a night I went to Dodger Stadium and had about 10 of their large beers out of the tap. On the way home, I stopped by Jack In The Crack for a couple Double Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburgers. I either got sick from beer from a dirty tap or the semi-raw bacon on the burger.

I had to work the next morning. I was 2 hours from the end of my shift and my GM said it would be cool for me to go home. I hate admitting I'm sick or taking off work because of it so I toughed out the last 2 hours. After my shift on the way to my car, I threw up in the alley making sure I was out of the eyesight of my co-workers.

I got in my car and drove to Ralph's to get a 7-UP. Parked my car in the lot, got out, and almost made it to the front door before throwing up again in a trash can. I then got my 7-UP and went home.

I had a girlfriend who was living with me at the time who loved to take care of me when I was sick. She didn't do much for me when I was well, but ran around like a madman when I was sick. She kept getting me fluids and put up with me decorating the bathroom walls with sour vomit and green diarrhea for a couple days before I was back to full strength.

The moral to this story is that there is no moral to this story.

Professional Poster

Default Re: Food Poisoning: I don't like it

So yesterday I grabbed a spicy chicken burrito from Taco Bell, now known to me as Taco Hurl. Within two hours I was sick as hell. I had to go to work - the governor was there and I had to coordinate with a bunch of mobile news trucks as I'm in charge of sound and video where I work. The whole time I needed to either be making a dash for the bathroom or for a bucket.
    Luckily I had today off. All day long I've been able to only keep down a little apple juice. I looked up food poisoning, and whatever the germ that caused it, the probable source was the same: human feces. Not the thing you want to read when your stomach is flipping around. Ugh. Of course, the fine boys and girls who make your Crunchwrap Surpreme would never not wash up after going to the bathroom, right?

I think I'm done with fast food forever. I feel like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.
    Holy shit dude, I feel bad for you. Food poisoning sucks. I had it a few weeks ago and let me tell you, that was one sleepless night. LOL. It is funny now when I look back on it. But it sure wasn't funny that night!!!

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

5 Star Poster

Wow. I feel so much better.
    The only thing good about this was it made me remember how great it is to be well. I can eat!
    The worst part about yesterday was i never had a cup of coffee, then wondered why my head was pounding all day. I made a pot at 10PM and got half a cup down...headache went away in a flash.

Professional Poster

Default Re: Food Poisoning: I don't like it

I had a 7 layer burrito, and a grilled stuffed Chicken yesterday...the only two things i ever order. I was one of the lucky ones.

Veteran Poster

Was out in Phoenix last week and got food poisoning while on the road. Lost 2 days of work and about 3 grand... I thought I had the bug and got really scared... I am such a wimp... I went to the doc, he did a complete blood screen and also went to aim healthcare and got the standard test, everything is good. The doctor told me I am healthier then he is and he is jealous.

But a whole week sick was not fun at all

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Foxxx
    Was out in Phoenix last week and got food poisoning while on the road. Lost 2 days of work and about 3 grand... I thought I had the bug and got really scared... I am such a wimp... I went to the doc, he did a complete blood screen and also went to aim healthcare and got the standard test, everything is good. The doctor told me I am healthier then he is and he is jealous.

But a whole week sick was not fun at all
    YES! I didn't want to say it but that went through my mind as well. They say you get all achy and flulike.