Default ENDA passes the house BUT "transgender" dropped

The word "transgender" was removed from the bill, so the version that passed excludes protection from employment discrimination for transgender individuals. Dropping the "T" from GBLT made it more palatable to the masses, which according to an HRC survey was supported by 70% of the GLB community (!!!) . After all, why not discard the equality of one minority group to better your own world. It is especially maddening to see the "T" dropped since this bill is doomed to be vetoed by President Mission Accomplished.

I can't say I am surprised but I want to know where the hell HRC came up with 70%.

We must remember virtually every lgbt activist group outside of HRC completely opposed GID exclusion. HRC was alone on this one, so I have to ask, assuming they didn't make that figure up- who did they poll, their own employees?!

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

That totally sucks. Somehow "ENDA" seems an ironically apt word, as in "this is the END A equality for all."

5 Star Poster

First I've seen on this. Good job Elvis.

So does this mean the Baldwin ammendment was denied? Apparently so.

As to Sarah's question in a San Diego poll 66% of gay and lesbian responders (unscientific poll, numbers of responders unknown) were AGAINST transgender inclusion.

Below is a link to my editorial rebuttal on that.

http://www.gaylesbiantimes.com/?id=10751&terms=enda

So the right wing religious zealots and homophobic homos in Congress have succeeded in cutting us off from the GLBT community - what I am now seeing is the GLB sex comunity and the T community.

So trans people will continue to experience job discrimination (a young t-girl coming out right here in SD just lost her job when she transitioned at work) and many will end up pushed toward sex work and an early death.

All thanks to that trans hating FAGGOT Barney Frank and his fag hag bitch Nancy Pelosi.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

PS - This is the face of the man who screwed you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Professional Poster

You know, I haven't followed the whole thing, but I want to know WHO had the "T" dropped.

Historically this is the first major time they did it, and there was no logical reason to do it.

Everyone knew all four were grouped together, which means they were both supported and ridiculed the same. There never was one side dragging it down or another. That's the one thing puzzling about all of this.

Ironic, how the one group of people who need it the most, who consistantly get discriminated from work, having to resort to the sex trade to survive, are completely excluded.

I mean, if you were to do a study on discrimination of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Trandgendered People, the Transgendered people would clearly be discriminated against, by a magnitude of 100x or more.

But, they're the ones not protected. They're the ones that are excluded.

The 'T' Community should drop their involvement with the Gays, just like they dropped them from their support, right now.

Edit: My question was answered.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere
    You know, I haven't followed the whole thing, but I want to know WHO had the "T" dropped.

Historically this is the first major time they did it, and there was no logical reason to do it.

Everyone knew all four were grouped together, which means they were both supported and ridiculed the same. There never was one side dragging it down or another. That's the one thing puzzling about all of this.

Ironic, how the one group of people who need it the most, who consistantly get discriminated from work, having to resort to the sex trade to survive, are completely excluded.

I mean, if you were to do a study on discrimination of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Trandgendered People, the Transgendered people would clearly be discriminated against, by a magnitude of 100x or more.

But, they're the ones not protected. They're the ones that are excluded.

The 'T' Community should drop their involvement with the Gays, just like they dropped them from their support, right now.
    Thanks for the support.

Yeah - you got it.

Yes but... two things. One and primary is we ARE the gay and lesbian community!

Many of us are in same sex relationships whether with a man, another TS or post operativly with a woman. THEY are US.

Jessica and I are in a Registered Domsetic Partnership - we are going go to Canada and get married there, even though our homophobic assbackwards country won't recognise it.

And we've got cocks and have sex with men. And clinically speaking, if that doesn't put us right smack in the middle of the G&L community I don't know what does.\

Secondly - there's not enough of us to make a difference without the funding and political machine of the GLB community. We will end up like the gays in Iran.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    Secondly - there's not enough of us to make a difference without the funding and political machine of the GLB community. We will end up like the gays in Iran.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie
    You mean we'll be forced to transistion completely AND have the gov pay for the whole process?

Ok, so the people who refuse to do so are executed, but...

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all