Professional Poster

Default One of my pet hates

It's early on Sunday morning and I'm going to have a small rant about one of my pet hates on this forum.

There has been a great influx of members lately and we all know why, but I'm starting to notice one of the downsides (in my opinion, I should add). We now have a lot of rookies acting almost like small puppies and trying to get into everything and wanting to boost their post counts by re-opening old threads or starting a lot of new threads which could be combined.

However the one that has really made me have a rant is the rookie who joined 2 days ago and who has overnight re-opened almost every poll from the last year and made mainly one word comments on each one. I would imagine a lot of you don't mind but for some reason it really pisses me off. Working my way through an old resurrected post just to find someone has added LOL or HOT or something similar is really annoying.

I know that there is no answer to this in general and this is just my opinion, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

I'll go back to bed now and stay in a darkened room for a while.

An ageing TS lover making up for lost time

Rookie Poster

For every forum that requires to be a member to see any picture or given links to download movies, this happens all the time. There is always someone who "overkill" in opening old threads.

At the same time the "rookies" are encouraged to contribute, but i guess we all have different ways in doing that. It`s nice to get your post counting on the rise, but the drawback is that it pushes new and current threads back on the pages within minutes.

But other forums have sorted this problem very effectively and could easily be applied here as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash_no_flash_103.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	137357  

I`m not afraid of dying - i just don`t wannna be there when it happens

Junior Poster

people have been asked to contribute... but spamming is not considered a contibution.

Gold Poster

That really f**king annoyed me,we get it already you had to register an account to view the pictures but could you not be so fucking annoying in the process.If your going to respond to an old threads could you please add to the discussion instead of your idiotic one word responses.

Junior Poster

who are you responding too?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BXCanada
    who are you responding too?
    "fiftyfin1" the guy the original poster is referring too.

well, thats the revenge of a pic-dawg that had to finally register and log on every time he needs a new wank-fix lol

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    well, thats the revenge of a pic-dawg that had to finally register and log on every time he needs a new wank-fix lol
    And his revenge is just what we're slogging through now. Fucking polls from 2003! C'mon.

Alright Then.

Professional Poster

Sorry..double post

Alright Then.

What is it fiftyfin's avatar says? "How may I annoy you today?"

I believe he has found one way. Let's just pray he doesn't find others.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin