Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default maury povich show viewers appear to be well represented here

Default Re: maury povich show viewers appear to be well represented

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&eurl=http://widget-31.slide.com/widgets/sf.swf
    That is just so fucking sad and shores up my oft voiced opinion on these forums.

Bonus points to those that know the meaning behind the OPs handle (I bet more people know the answer to that than to whether or not Wyoming is a country that is a member of the United Nations).

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Follow-up:

I loved the way the interviewer was showing people a map of the world where Australia was labeled with the name of the country in the question (Iraq, France, etc.)

Proof that not only are most people fucking stoopid, they are lazy as well.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Professional Poster

It's got better skiing than Old Mexico.

Ancient Pervert.

Junior Poster

Thats from a comedy team called the Chaser, they started out as basically "The Onion" for Australia. Now they're big stars and you might have seen them on the news for getting through APEC security by posing as Canadian deligates, then jumping out of their limo dressed as terrorists.

Professional Poster

The axis of evil is New York, California, Florida and Mississippi? What an embarrassment.

B1, wasn't THX 1138 a George Lucas movie?

Alright Then.

After reflection I realized we don't know if the people taped were a random sampling or not. The producers could have simply edit out the folks who knew the answers. On the other hand I asked my daughters a few of the questions. their reply: :huh

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

B1, wasn't THX 1138 a George Lucas movie?
    Correct. One of his early works, pre-Star Wars. Later referenced in the latter (The Princess was being held in Cell Block 113 and the Lucasfilm branded sound system THX Digital.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It confirms some of my worse prejudices(you should always challenge your prejudices) about Americans. But l don’t think they are stupid. They just don't give a fuck about places outside the U.S.
    I read somewhere only 12% of Americans have passports & Bush had only ever travelled to Mexico before he became President.
    Insular maybe, but stupid, no. No more stupid than the rest of us.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    It confirms some of my worse prejudices(you should always challenge your prejudices) about Americans. But l don’t think they are stupid. They just don't give a fuck about places outside the U.S.
    I read somewhere only 12% of Americans have passports & Bush had only ever travelled to Mexico before he became President.
    Insular maybe, but stupid, no. No more stupid than the rest of us.

oh no, america in general is dumb. the fact the most dont care is a byproduct of it. The fact that none of these people he showed the fake book too even made ONE second guess is fucking sad. I can sorta understand not naimng United states as a country begining with "u" because we've shorted in to just america, but come on with the other crap.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P