Thread: Movies

Silver Poster

Default Movies

Sometimes I notice here people talking about movies or series in America with TS characters or/and TS-related topics. Some of you probably know the Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar whose cinematography basicly can be categorized as Gay interest. Most of his movies are simply dramas or black comedies with gay/lesbian and transsexual protagonists but also stories based on homosexual and transsexual issues. Like David Lynch, Almodóvar also had some kind of an ensemble what means, actors that appear in nearly every of his movies. Antonio Banderas was one of them back in the 1980ies and he mostly played a gay character.
    Another member of Almodóvar´s ensemble is Bibi Anderson who is really a TS but plays sometimes GGs in his movies. An example is the movie "Law of Desire" from 1987 in which Bibi Anderson plays a GG but the actress Carmen Maura (a GG of course) plays a TS. I know many of you have no clue about Pedro Almodóvar since it´s really hard if not impossible for European products to establish themselves in America like American movies do in Europe and worldwide. This doesn´t mean your are better.

Here a list of his movies:

- Pepi, Luci, Bom and Other Women on the Heap (1980)
    - Labyrinth of Passions (1982)
    - Dark Habits (1983)
    - What Have I Done to Deserve This? (1984)
    - Matador (1986)
    - Law of Desire (1987)
    - Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (198
    - Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (1990)
    - High Heels (1991)
    - Kika (1993)
    - The Flower of My Secret (1995)
    - Live Flesh (1997)
    - All About My Mother (1999)
    - Talk to Her (2002)
    - Bad Education (2004)
    - Volver (2006)

Almodóvar is gay. ..... and he´s the one who made Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz famous.

Veteran Poster

his films are great. his guy is amazingly talented, everyone should give him a look.