Default Do people look at their own myspace profiles?

Now, I don't mean your home page, I mean the profile everyone else sees. Half the profiles I see are totally unreadable, have so much html that they lock the user's computer up, are too wide for the screen, and assorted other BS. People do so much work to get other people to go to their pages, do they look themselves to see what they are giving? (Hint: If you can't easily read the words on your own profile, do you think anyone else is going to bother?).

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Junior Poster

Default Re: Do people look at their own myspace profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny partridge
    Now, I don't mean your home page, I mean the profile everyone else sees. Half the profiles I see are totally unreadable, have so much html that they lock the user's computer up, are too wide for the screen, and assorted other BS. People do so much work to get other people to go to their pages, do they look themselves to see what they are giving? (Hint: If you can't easily read the words on your own profile, do you think anyone else is going to bother?).
    I know what you fucking mean! Myspace encourages bad web design, it's come under fire for it before.

Gold Poster

Do people look at their own screennames and realize their surname is partridge

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Do people look at their own screennames and realize their surname is partridge
    LOL

i know what u mean tho danny,some of them are just too crazy

Platinum Poster

i agree... nothing pisses me off more *when it comes to MS* than a profile that locks up my pc... so every now n then i look at my own *basically when i update it* to see if it locks up mine.. if it does... i remove crap... i need to remove some stuff from it now but i havent yet

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Same here. My (real) profile is completely custom (a full overlay), but I try not to have too much shit on it that causes it to load too slowly. So far, no complaints from any of my friends...and if there are any, let me know (J. and N.).

Damn...a post about Myspace is my historic 500th post on Hung Angels?

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.

Professional Poster

Those profiles drive me nuts.

Whenever I write html I try to keep it as simple as possible (while still looking decent) so that any computer with internet access could access my page.
    I actually used to test my homepage on a 25mhz Mac laptop.

I hate all the javascript errors I get with browsers/OSs that are more than 4 years old when I try to access sites like Myspace. There is no reason to write such bloated code.

Oops. I sound like a geek.

Professional Poster

God help you if you're prone to having seizures.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips