Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BAD BEERS!!!

Junior Poster

Worst beer I ever tasted. Hawaiian beer. It sounds like it might be good but it is fucking awful. I believe it is no longer being made. Absolute piss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tallprimobot2_203.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	132187  

Professional Poster

god who has not had their livers ravaged and savaged by the likes of blatz,haffenraffer,falstaff,okkeefes extra skunk(6 or 7%alc tho),colt 45..who remembers that cool colt,menthol beer they tried to market in double deuce bottles.....now if i could get my hands on some hamms....

Well the Haffenreffers i was talking about were both cold and skunky. The only reason we drank them (Teen years) was because they were a good Buzz for the money.
    Yah, that was pretty much why we got into them. I think I still have a bagful of the bottlecaps somewhere. At some point we began to call them "The Green Death" and as I later got involved in SF literary circles (1980 and beyond) this took on new meaning from Vonnegut's Slapstick, wherein it was discovered that the mysterious Green Death was "...caused by inhaling or ingesting microscopic Chinese communists...". It wasn't long before we were partying down with "Microscopic Chinese Communists".

Those Beer cans you posted have some rust on them, have you been saving them yourself?
    Nah, I collect enough junque as it is. I found those images via Google at an official Olde Frothingslosh site that gives a history of the brewer and the beer. I'm going back to read up on it as it appears the fellow was into trains and stuff, as I am.

I like Labats Blue a lot, and lately i have been drinking Molson.
    North or south? The only thing truly imported about these beers is the recipe and I seem to recall that one or the other (Perhaps both) are licensed and produced out of upstate NY (Possibly by Gennesee). Whenever I make a trip into Canadia I make a point of bringing back a case of Labats or Molson from the source. I believe the US alcohol content in beer is 2% while the Canadian is 5% - Or izzit 5/10%? - (Though with current exchange rates, this may be on par ).

Worst beer I ever tasted. Hawaiian beer. It sounds like it might be good but it is fucking awful. I believe it is no longer being made. Absolute piss.
    The Royal Family probably put a stop to it (Yes, they're still around).

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Professional Poster

i think yer right about those american labatts and molsons...they taste weat ande watery down here,and in canada labats used to make a extra stock that was 10%alky.....blue blindness......but what about the cool colt 45????????????

Professional Poster

bbbburp.....

Junior Poster

i think some of you are suggesting beers like miller and budweiser simply becasue they are big companys. there are for worse beers in the world. the absolute worse i have ever tasted is spaten.

The Royal Family probably put a stop to it (Yes, they're still around).[/quote]

Well, who the real royal family is depends on which royal family you ask. But officially, Primo has been out of production since 1998, but I don't remember seeing it for a long, long time before that.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Hey! A thread about beer. I missed this one.

Worst beer I have ever had: Old English 800, although I suppose that's a "malt liquor". Worst regular type beer: Hamm's (probably also the worst name for a beer, as well). Both beers I drank on one occasion, and now avoid like Tequila.

Best beer of all time: Red Hook Double Black Stout. I don't think it's produced anymore, at least I haven't seen it around lately. I like Guinness, but I hear it's worse the farther you are from Dublin.

That reminds me of the time I almost booked passage on a freighter ship to Ireland. True story, but it's not really relevant to this thread.

Nothing wrong with a good beer.

Professional Poster

i love me some guiness..the presidente supermercado near my house sells it every other week for $5 a six pack..that steel reserve shit might be formaldihyde(sp?) with beer added..good god that shit is terrible...i always try some new cheap shit that i might come across at a gas station or cornder store...how bout yes-i the cheap rasta beer?

Junior Poster

...how come no one has mentioned Ice House? That's a nasty beer if there ever was one. Gets you nice and fucked up, though.

I also don't like Guiness or, really, any kind of dark beer. My favorite are ales and pilsners. Of those, I prefer Goose Island Honker's Ale and Corona.

While if I could go back in time and change things, God knows I would, I also realize that such a thing is impossible. So I just have to move on with my life and make sure that I come out the other side a better person. That’s all there is too it.