Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BAD BEERS!!!

Rookie Poster

Default Question???

WHAT DO BUD LIGHT AND HAVING SEX IN A CANOE HAVE IN COMMON?

THEY'RE BOTH FUCKING CLOSE TO WATER!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

When I was younger and had no money, I would drink cheap stuff like Lucky Lager, Stroh's, Mickey's Big Mouth & 40s, and Crazy Horse Malt Liquor. I can't drink any of that crap anymore. I hate all of the major American beers and the last time I had one was when my buddy bought one for me at Dodger Stadium. I didn't want to seem like a snob so I drank it.

When I go to a bar or the store now, I stick with the better lagers and ales. My favorite is Newcastle but I also like Guinness, Boddington, Becks, and Grolsch.

Quote Originally Posted by M77
    I always thought that Haffenreffer had a skunky smell to it, Shlitz was pretty bad too.
    Warm = Skunky. We usualyy drank it for the little rebus puzzles in the bottle caps. If you couldn't decipher the puzzle, you were too blasted to continue drinking.

But we did anyway.

How about Olde Frothingslosh, The Pale Stale Ale With The Foam On The Bottom?

I like the background of Miss Olde Frothingslosh 1969: "She's from a small town outside Pittsburgh. It's considerably smaller since she left."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldefrothingslosh_284.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	250.9 KB 
ID:	132147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldefrothingslosh01_184.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	132148  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Rookie Poster

I love trashy beers! PBR Me ASAP, Old Style, Rolling Rock, Natty Boh, Hamms, Old Mill, Key Light. I guess its not bad to have a taste for the cheap stuff, its easy on the wallet.

I do have a spot in my heart for good IPA's though, Goose Island is my fave.

Eric

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugai_hentaisha
    in the state I live in they still consider beers like Sam Adams as imports.lol
    LOL is right, what state do you live in? Please tell us.

many crappy beers: Miller get's my vote as one of the worst.
    West Virginia
    I usually go to Ohio to buy my beer and wines. In WV if it isn't bud budlite budwieser, Miller and or coors then it is an import. It is getting better but not quick enough. Found a Place that actually sold some Samual Smiths the other day.....I think they were burned as witches though.LOL

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

I usually go to Ohio to buy my beer and wines. In WV if it isn't bud budlite budwieser, Miller and or coors then it is an import. It is getting better but not quick enough. Found a Place that actually sold some Samual Smiths the other day.....I think they were burned as witches though.LOL
    You'd be surprised.

Back in 1982 I made my first vizzit to St. Louis and as I sidled up to the bar at the old Park Plaza (Two old hotels, connected by a concourse to create one complex), I ordered a Molson.

"Excuse me?" sez the barkeep.

"Oh, sorry, I'd like a Molson" I said, assuming he hadn't heard me the first time.

Puzzled, he asks "What's that?".

Somewhat confused, I stated what I thought should be obvious, "Uh...It's a beer. A Canadian beer."

He looked at me coldly and said "I'm afraid we don't stock that brand. Would you like a Budweiser, sir?"

It was then that I realized the serious fox pass that I had committed in the town that grew up on Anheuser Busch products.

Since then, I have learned, and ask for Rock & Roll (Only available in St. Louis).

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

IC light is pretty bad, as is falls city. I think Ole Frothingslosh was made by Iron City. Huedepol sp? is pretty bad as well. I like Labats Blue a lot, and lately i have been drinking Molson.

Irish car bombs are good.

Rookie Poster

there are plenty of horrible beers out there, but there are also cheap beers that get the job done. two of my favorites are natty ice, beast ice, and for a third ill throw in steel reserve which is just nasty. another good topic would be cheap whiskey or other liquors that taste horrible. As a college student im all about budget drinking

Professional Poster

Iron City followed closely by Black Label.

Mugai,where do you live at in WV? A friend owns the Liquor Mart in Charleston off the Patrick Street Bridge. They've usually got a decent selection of beers. I stop by their when I'm in town.

What kills WV when it comes to good beer is that damned 6% ABW cap on beers. A lot of craft breweries won't do business in such a small state when their full line of beers can't be sold.

Ancient Pervert.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

For the LA members here, you can get some inexpensive but really good beer at Trader Joe's. A British buddy of mine got me into drinking Fat Weasel Ale. It's good and has a strong flavor. At 7.1% alcohol, two six packs of that definitely gets me more buzzed than two six packs of Guinness or Newcastle. Make sure to get the Dark Ale. Try it and if you have any more Ale suggestions from Trader Joe's, mention them.