Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Default A Veteran cuts down U.S. Flag flown under Mexican Flag

Bravo!

Gold Poster

is it that big of an insult???

Veteran Poster

Yes.

"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither' Benjamin franklin.

Gold Poster

I didn't really think about it. Where I live [Northern Ireland] the Irish try to put up Rep. of Ireland flags. Fucks me off big style. But the relationship between the two countries is bitter. Is that the way it is with USA and Mexico?

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    I didn't really think about it. Where I live [Northern Ireland] the Irish try to put up Rep. of Ireland flags. Fucks me off big style. But the relationship between the two countries is bitter. Is that the way it is with USA and Mexico?
    Yes.

"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither' Benjamin franklin.

Gold Poster

I love ur in depth answers!!

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

I love ur in depth answers!!
    LOL.

well i dun know all the details of this story, but it can be insulting to have your flag flown under another. Its not like we hate mexico, just something that is a show of power over the other. personally i could care less, as if any one had a real choice, mexico would be another state :P that way everyone get what they want.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Rookie Poster

The thing about Northern Ireland and the Republic are that they may be two different places, but the people are the same. (Am I right?) Meaning, they are all Irish. I understand that one is Catholic and the other Protestant, and that one is loyal to the crown and the other is not. But ethnically and historically, they are the same people. (If I am wrong, please correct me.)

With Mexico and the US, you have two very different peoples with different cultures. In the US, people have a lot of pride in the flag and what it represents. With everything going on these days between the two countries, such a move was a total and deliberate insult.

I was very happy what the man did. And he even has the freedom fighter's beard, ala John Brown, to back it up!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Mexico another state!!!!! Are you out of your ever lovin' mind????? The u.s. should join Mexico. Then everyone would have all the good shit they can smoke.

Flags are just rags. Get over it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.