Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default So if it's not about genitals, what is it about trans women?

someone (thank you, luna!) passed this quote on to me and i so loved and heard it, i had to share.

"My friend, still perplexed, asked me, "So if it's not about genitals, what is it about trans women's bodies that you find most attractive?"

I paused for a second to consider the question. Then I replied that it is almost always their eyes. When I look into them, I see both endless strength and inconsolable sadness. I see someone who has overcome humiliation and abuses that would flatten the average person. I see a woman who was made to feel shame for her desires and yet had the courage to pursue them anyway. I see a woman who was forced against her will into boyhood, who held on to a dream that everybody in her life desperately tried to beat out of her, who refused to listen to the endless stream of people who told her that who she was and what she wanted was impossible.

When I look into trans women's eyes, I see a profound appreciation for how fucking empowering it can be to be female, an appreciation that seems lost on many cissexual women who sadly take their female identities and anatomies for granted, or who perpetually seek to cast themselves as victims rather than instigators. In trans women's eyes, I see a wisdom that can only come from having to fight for your right to be recognized as female, a raw strength that only comes from unabashedly asserting your right to be feminine in an inhospitable world. In a trans woman's eyes, I see someone who understands that, in a culture that's seemingly fueled on male homophobic hysteria, choosing to be female and openly expressing one's femininity is not a sign of frivolousness, weakness, or passivity, it is a fucking badge of courage. Everybody loves to say that drag queens are "fabulous," but nobody seems to get the fact that trans women are fucking badass!"

- Julia Serano, "Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity"

yeah!!!! yes, yes, yes!

Rookie Poster

Default Re: So if it's not about genitals, what is it about trans wo

A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

what I look into a woman's eyes it's usually to wonder how they'd look with sunglasses on so it wouldn't seem as if they were trying to fuck me mentally with those bedroom stares.......................

great thread E

hey Jen's
    (hehe all 3 of you)

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

vomitvomitvomitvomitvomitvomitvomitvomit

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158

Veteran Poster

Default Re: So if it's not about genitals, what is it about trans wo

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    someone (thank you, luna!) passed this quote on to me and i so loved and heard it, i had to share.

"My friend, still perplexed, asked me, "So if it's not about genitals, what is it about trans women's bodies that you find most attractive?"

I paused for a second to consider the question. Then I replied that it is almost always their eyes. When I look into them, I see both endless strength and inconsolable sadness. I see someone who has overcome humiliation and abuses that would flatten the average person. I see a woman who was made to feel shame for her desires and yet had the courage to pursue them anyway. I see a woman who was forced against her will into boyhood, who held on to a dream that everybody in her life desperately tried to beat out of her, who refused to listen to the endless stream of people who told her that who she was and what she wanted was impossible.

When I look into trans women's eyes, I see a profound appreciation for how fucking empowering it can be to be female, an appreciation that seems lost on many cissexual women who sadly take their female identities and anatomies for granted, or who perpetually seek to cast themselves as victims rather than instigators. In trans women's eyes, I see a wisdom that can only come from having to fight for your right to be recognized as female, a raw strength that only comes from unabashedly asserting your right to be feminine in an inhospitable world. In a trans woman's eyes, I see someone who understands that, in a culture that's seemingly fueled on male homophobic hysteria, choosing to be female and openly expressing one's femininity is not a sign of frivolousness, weakness, or passivity, it is a fucking badge of courage. Everybody loves to say that drag queens are "fabulous," but nobody seems to get the fact that trans women are fucking badass!"

- Julia Serano, "Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity"

yeah!!!! yes, yes, yes!

Powerful stuff. I never really considered it that deeply. Good post.

Excellent post, e. I'm going to have to look up that book.

I concur. Nice post. The cock in the panties doesn't hurt though...

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana
    what difference does it make if she is a club kid or not, she looks good and in the end we were all boys at one time no? she looks great, enjoy it!
    buy her tits if you would rather she had some.
    BEEP BEEP!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    I concur. Nice post. The cock in the panties doesn't hurt though...

It will if it's big enough.

"99.98% of people on HA are not worth the time."

Lmao You're such a cunt TrueBeauty TS! I love it!! - HTG

5 Star Poster

It IS all about genitals... and wallets...

Giggle,
    TS Jamie

Junior Poster

Default Julia Serano - Cocky

Well expressed in that quote...makes me want to read and hear more what Julia Serano has to say.
    I found this performance by her, 5 minutes of her being "cocky"

Now to sit back and watch how many punters will comment on her appearance rather on than the substance of what she has to say.