Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Gold Poster

correct

if quinn doesn't take it then it's for 2 months

Gold Poster

some vids on the fight if any of u are interested. just click hatton just above the screen for the list...

..mayweather actually seems like a completely different person than the act he puts on for pre-fight promotion

..i'd say he's down to earth sort of

http://www.skysports.com/video/0,20285,,00.html

Professional Poster

Hatton's furiosity will wear him down just like it did Tszyu, maraud him, spoil a bit, open him up with crunching body shots and just take his heart away.

I went to the Hatton/Tszyu fight at the M.E.N in Manchester, Ricky was brilliant, remember at the time Tszyu was known as the biggest puncher at light (or junior as they say in the U.S) welterweight, and Ricky just walked through his best shots. He was undefeated for ten years, and for the people who say he was over the hill, he had just destroyed Shamba Mitchell with ease.

Ricky will be so up for it, and one thing about Ricky is you can never prepare for his style.

Ricky tenth round stoppage is my bet.

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lust4ts
    Hatton's furiosity will wear him down just like it did Tszyu, maraud him, spoil a bit, open him up with crunching body shots and just take his heart away.

I went to the Hatton/Tszyu fight at the M.E.N in Manchester, Ricky was brilliant, remember at the time Tszyu was known as the biggest puncher at light (or junior as they say in the U.S) welterweight, and Ricky just walked through his best shots. He was undefeated for ten years, and for the people who say he was over the hill, he had just destroyed Shamba Mitchell with ease.

Ricky will be so up for it, and one thing about Ricky is you can never prepare for his style.

Hatton is in the best shape of his life. He's even said it himself. In his last fight against Castillo he was carrying a bit more weight, which he said himself, made him slower. He hasn't peaked yet in terms of full match fitness, but that's only because they'll time that to perfection (Dec . He's looking very powerfull and quick and i'm sure he'll beat him.

In fact I think he'll destroy him if Mayweather underestimates him.

I'll call KO round 7....

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Night Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by lust4ts

Hatton is in the best shape of his life. He's even said it himself. In his last fight against Castillo he was carrying a bit more weight, which he said himself, made him slower. He hasn't peaked yet in terms of full match fitness, but that's only because they'll time that to perfection (Dec . He's looking very powerfull and quick and i'm sure he'll beat him.

In fact I think he'll destroy him if Mayweather underestimates him.

I'll call KO round 7....
    Lets face it Mayweather hates being roughed up and that's one thing Ricky is going to do to him.

Billy Graham will have a solid plan, watch tapes for hours, whether Ricky follows that plan to point, or not he will still win.

He just needs to go after him from round one, use the head a bit, lean on him, chase him down, stay right in his face for the whole fight because Mayweather will be dangerous if you give him time and room.

Mayweather is used to outboxing fighters, Ricky knows that and simply will not let him.

Ricky has the perfect style to take him way out of his comfort zone, I've seen him do it before and he will do it again.

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Gold Poster

Exactly, Mayweather can't handle constant pressure. If Ricky doesn't give him time to settle from the start, I just don't see Mayweather beating him.

Mayweather didn't exactly win convincingly against De La Hoya. Hatton is definately his fiercest opponent so far and I think he knows it. Mayweather doesn't seem as cocky as he usually is pre-fight. I know he was messing about at the press conference but I don't think he's as confident as he's making out.

My apologies for taking so long to get back to this. I've been all over the place the last week or so. Anyway, Partly discussed a deal with you first, and I don't want to step over that, but I still want to be invovled. Here's what I propose:

1) If Hatton wins, Night Rider, you get to pic the avatar for both Partly and I for two months.

2) If Mayweather wins, Partly pics your avatar for two months (I have faith in his ability to select a good one).

3) Anything pertaining to the sig (KO, TKO, etc.) is a side bet between you and Partly.

Let me know if this is acceptable to the two of you. I can't wait for this fight...

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Gold Poster

Sounds good to me Quinn.

Only 3 1/2 wks to go

sounds good to me too.

Nice... Gentlemen, we have a deal – one that will give me yet another reason to scream like a maniac at the television during a big boxing match (seriously, I frequently lose my voice).

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.