Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Mayweather V Hatton

Mayweather V Hatton

What a fight..cant wait!!!

I know mayweather is known as the best pound for pound fighter on the planet but hatton's undefeated too and i think he'll take him!

what do u guys think

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

I'd say mayweather wins just b/c Hatton would probably be cut and bleeding by round 3, stoppage by round 8. If Hatton lands a couple tho, it's anyone's game...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

hatton's scrappy, but mayweather is gonna school him.

Silver Poster

Default Re: Mayweather V Hatton

Quote Originally Posted by cockcraver
    Mayweather V Hatton

What a fight..cant wait!!!

I know mayweather is known as the best pound for pound fighter on the planet but hatton's undefeated too and i think he'll take him!

what do u guys think
    __________________________________________________ _________________

I think that you don't REALLY believe that.........but you'd like to.

lol

Junior Poster

seriously maywheather is an outstanding boxer but i just think hatton is gonna beat him...maywheather's last couple of fights have been very scrappy and he was lucky against de la hoya....i think he should stick to 'dancing with the stars'

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

mayweather by decision. with jermaine taylor getting his ass handed to him, mayweather will ateleast go from arrogant to confident and not take hatton lightly.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Junior Poster

whoever wins its gonna be amazin

Gold Poster

Maywheather's will no longer be known as 'pretty boy' after the fight. He'll be known as Floyd 'elephant man' Maywheather!

Gold Poster

Ricky Hatton will take a leaf out of Jose Luis Castillo's book and get right in Floyd Mayweather's face.

The Hitman revealed his gameplan to American boxing writers ahead of the stellar WBC welterweight showdown on December 8th - live on Sky Box Office.

The Mancunian says he has studied enough tapes of Mayweather to know what he doesn't like and says that Castillo - the man he beat to set up this fight - and promoter Oscar de la Hoya both showed the way to fight.

Castillo twice took Mayweather the distance in 2002, with many observers feeling he could have at least been given one of the decisions, while de la Hoya pushed him all the way in the first half of their May superfight.

But, says Hatton, neither had his strength or speed to see it through to victory.

"I think I probably know more about Floyd's style and his career and his world fights than probably most fighters out there," he told boxingtalk.com.

"So I've constantly had the tapes and studying the tapes. I know what his strengths are. I know what his weaknesses are. I know - I've been watching these fights where he's been least comfortable.

"And very pleasing for me I think those are the fights where it shows him at his least comfortable - the first fight against Jose Luis Castillo, who was able to bully him to the ropes a lot and, you know, bearing in mind I don't think Castillo has got as good or faster footwork and just footwork as me and physically as strong as me and as quick as me."

I understand I'm an underdog in this fight with obviously everything that Floyd has done, but you look at Oscar's fights and you look at the Castillo fights and the fights against people who have put the pressure on him, he's looking a little bit less comfortable.

Gold Poster

Ricky Hatton insists he will take the lessons learned from his last experience at welterweight into the Floyd Mayweather fight.

The Hitman endured one of the toughest nights of his career in his only ever experience boxing in the 140 to 147 pound limit in 2005.

He did not convince, despite winning the WBA welterweight title from Luis Collazo on points in that bout.

But as he prepares to move up the weights for only the second time in his 43-fight career Hatton remains in confident mood.

Fitness

"Things couldn't be going better," Hatton told Sky Sports 1. "I've started sparring already with the lads in the gym.

"My weight is right down. I'm holding the weight better - there's less fat more muscle now.

"My last visit to welterweight wasn't the most pleasant, but normally I get in the ring at around the 10st 12 mark, but last time when I fought welterweight I got in at 11st 6. It was very cumbersome and I didn't have the speed to get out of the way of the punches quite as much.

"But I've learnt by my mistakes and I think I'll be better for it, and I'll have to be because he's a five-weight world champion."

Both fighters are putting their undefeated records on the line in the fight, which you can catch live on Sky Box Office on 8th December.