Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    Totally. It's all about power and we have little.

...unless we stop bitching and fix this:

Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    There is no real solidarity in the T community. Transsexuals denigrate crossdressers, Young transsexuals would throw older ones from the train if not under it. I have cringed reading some of the posts here about older transitioners. The beautiful would abandon the homely. And the admirers feel free to heap abuse on any girl who doesn't meet their ideals, and to cower behind their anonymous "straightness", even aganist other fellow admirers. Well, wake up everyone. We can't expect the rest of society to treat us better than we do ourselves. Right now, they look at us, and see how fractured and divisive and dysfunctional our community is and its easy for them to say, they deserve what they get, and they aren't like us.
    Which is was exactly what I was talking about in this post:
    http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...r=asc&start=20

Come on people!
    Actually, I said that, not MBF. I'm glad you think it bears repeating but not re-attributing

FK

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    Totally. It's all about power and we have little.

...unless we stop bitching and fix this:

Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    There is no real solidarity in the T community. Transsexuals denigrate crossdressers, Young transsexuals would throw older ones from the train if not under it. I have cringed reading some of the posts here about older transitioners. The beautiful would abandon the homely. And the admirers feel free to heap abuse on any girl who doesn't meet their ideals, and to cower behind their anonymous "straightness", even aganist other fellow admirers. Well, wake up everyone. We can't expect the rest of society to treat us better than we do ourselves. Right now, they look at us, and see how fractured and divisive and dysfunctional our community is and its easy for them to say, they deserve what they get, and they aren't like us.
    Which is was exactly what I was talking about in this post:
    http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...r=asc&start=20

Come on people!
    Actually, I said that, not MBF. I'm glad you think it bears repeating but not re-attributing

FK
    true, things that make sense most likely DO NOT STEM from me

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt

FK
    (whoops) thanks for clearing that up.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    One last thing. Please do not, do not put words in my mouth.

Then please do not, do not belittle those older activists that have made the world a little bit better for all TS women. Even you.

"99.98% of people on HA are not worth the time."

Lmao You're such a cunt TrueBeauty TS! I love it!! - HTG

5 Star Poster

I'm finally able to post some thoughts on this.

I was so sad yesterday after receiving messages and reading about this that for the first time in ages I though about just giving up and killing myself and being done with all the BS once and for all. And I doubt I was/am the only t-girl who felt sad at this apparent betrayal by the gay community.

But the quesiton is what do we do about it? They'd like us to kill ourselves. It would solve the problem. Do we cut off our nose and tell the gays to fuck off? Or do we hope a continued alliance will someday bear fruit?

Here in San Diego the main GLBT magazine is called the GLT - "Gay and Lesbian Times."

Nothing about transsexuals. I had to raise hell and threaten a lawsuit just to get them to stop running an ad that depicted a t-girl peeing into a toilet standing up. They are NOT our friends.

I honestly don't know where I fit - I'm a transsexual in a same sex relationship

On one hand I'd like to write an editorial letter telling them to fuck off forever. On the other hand I'm gay - or lesbian or whatever you want to call two t-girls in love - so I am part of the gay community.

And then there is the situation where other than jail and dealing with LE - I don't face any real discrimination. I pass. I've never been refused lodging, or a meal, or a job. Of course I know nobody is going to hire me at a wage I need regardless of being trans or not. I HAVE to work for myself. I've worked for myself since I was 25. I wouldn't even know what to do at a job interview. I can run the damm company.

But like TB said - what have each of us done lately? I have to say I haven't done much. Partly because as a sex worker I've felt left outside of the usual GLBT "center- activist" community. And I know what happens to whores who speak out against injustice. So I say what I can on a "safe" site like this in hopes someone else can take my thoughts and do something worthwhile with them.

But I think perhaps it's time we start thinking about taking our conversations into the mainstream. A lot of what is discussed here ought to be posted on CNN and the NY Times.

And I think Jennifer has the right idea with her speaking at her school. I think our best hope is the education of a generation. We need to take Transgender 101 into the jr and sr high schools and teach the kids. Then we have a chance at legislation.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie ;-(