Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Candis Canye Makes History Tonight on ABC - Dirty Sexy Money

Tonight on ABC a new show premieres called "Dirty, Sexy Money" starring my favourite unk, Peter Krause (from Six Feet Under), but more of interest to the group, Candis Cayne will also star in the show as the transexual girlfriend of Billy Baldwin.

Am so excited and happy for Candis, who I have known for years and glad to see she is finally hitting the big time.

Dirty, Sexy Money comes on at 10PM (EST) on ABC.

SS

I just watched the show (I'll always watch Donald Sutherland) and when I saw Candis Cayne's name in the opening credits, I thought, naw, couldn't be. But then she came on in a brilliant scene with William Baldwin (the US Senator who's married and having an affair with a transsexual named Carmelita), and sure enough, it was her. She'll be reprising her role all season, and she was in the preview for next week.

She has appeared in Wigstock: The Movie, To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar and Stonewall, but this is a big break for her, and also a significant step forward in that a major tv show is finally casting a transwoman in the role of a transwoman, offsetting a complaint often raised about Transamerica, Ugly Betty and other high profile roles where a woman has been cast as a transwoman.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Kudos to Candis-

I saw her at the Marc Bauer show during fashion week and she told me she was had a part in this show.

She looked fab- only thing was I hated that deep voice they make her talk in. She has a very nice voice naturally. But I assume the character calls for a deep voice.

She is very talented so this is well deserved!

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Gold Poster

Post a pic of her ... I can't place a name with the face at this moment.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

I noticed that too, Allanah. I think it fits the character. Though the character is stereotyped, I'm hoping they give the role room to develop and break out of simple stereotype. She did look fabulous, though!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    I noticed that too, Allanah. I think it fits the character. Though the character is stereotyped, I'm hoping they give the role room to develop and break out of simple stereotype. She did look fabulous, though!
    How many times can you say "Trannie Hooker" while sitting in the back of a limo? *LOL*

Normally have the hugest crush on Mr. Krause, but his role seems so much the same as that in Six Feet Under. Especially the voice overs and so forth.

Back to Candis:

Am so happy for my girl! Even back when she was part of the Girlina partnership, it was obvious that Candis was more than just another "drag queen" peforming at gay events. For all those saying and moaning about lack of advantages for TS women, well this shows what hard work and perserverance can do.

Anyone who has met Candis knows her voice is nothing like that, but like when there was a trannie on "Girlfriends" guess those in charge deem in necessary to deepen the actor's voice to point out no matter how passable the actor is, she is still a trans.

Hope they give Candis the same gorgeous outfits as the GGs. She has a wonderful figure, especially those great legs! Wonder how Billy Baldwin felt about being casted opposite a real trans instead of the usual actress playing a transgender.

Really hope like Rupaul, this opens doors for Candis to do more televison and film. At least now she is SAG, which brings great benefits.

Silver Poster

You know what I think is funny....

Date of Birth
    Maui, Hawaii, USA

Both Wikipedia and IMDB don't know her DOB.

heh......the more things change I guess.

I watched it, seems like a pretty good show. Candis looked great. I wondered if she had to speak that low or did they alter her voice? She definately doesn't sound like that. I hope in upcoming episodes she will have longer parts and more lines. She was only on for about a minute in this one.

Real, She used to perform at Allanah's parties. I got a bunch of pics here.

Veteran Poster

Shame on me , i had never heard the name of Candis Cayne
    before watching Access Hollywood and their announcement
    of Candis on ABC's Dirty Sex and Money debut.
    Naturally i've set my DVR to continuously record it.
    If ABC's Dirty show hits it big in the ratings, and Candis is
    one of the reasons why its doing well, this could open
    opportunity doors for other potential, upcoming transgender celebrities
    as well as open up better understand and compassion
    for the transgender community.