Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Heroes....the thread.

It's back, it's on, season 2 mofos.

Here's some space to discuss.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

I owe ya one, Tom. I was making chili and forgot about the show tonight. I'm watching now. Good call.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

sorry bro, I had to give my boy Sylar his own space

p.s. Sorry Mr. Sulu (hehe)

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Not bad, definitely not great. Several good plot points set up, I'd give it 4 out of 10 as far as season premiers goes. For it's second season, the series as a whole is not disappointing so far, but it could be better.

I'd say season 2 is starting off slowly, but I'm sure it'll be roaring right along before we reach the two week (or more?) hiatus. Six out of ten stars for the premiere, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting too much from it so I'm probably being overly generous.

Anyway, now I'm ready for the Bionic Woman premiere on Wednesday...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

not a bad start, but it was alot to take in at once. It was all over the place, but i guess they wanted get ALL the plots out in the beginning

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Too jumbled and uneven, but with some definite high points. I like how Claire is being handled, but not so much the rest of her family. Nice play with Hiro and the English samurai hero in the past (but I expect Hiro to be a highlight). I'm glad they're only hinting at Peter's situation so far.

Overall, I was more impressed though with the premiere of Journeyman. Some nice potential there, so long as it doesn't devolve into Quantum Leap.

Professional Poster

Eh, I watched way too much TV tonight.
    I thought it did a good job of raising more questions. What the hell is Peter's mom's power? Hiro's dad? I agree nothing ground breaking, but I loved the ending.

Then I watched Journeyman then I watched the War. :

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Angela Petrelli's (Peter and Nathan's mother) power seems to be precognition, which is interesting. Being able to see the "future" becomes irrelevant once someone like Hiro comes into the picture, because he can alter the past. Hinderman's power was the ability to heal, but then Claire (and presumably others) are born who can't be hurt or killed.

It's all about evolution, which was what Suresh was discussing with his class in the first episode.

Angela, Linderman, "Sulu", ect. were probably early evolved humans who became corrupt. New heroes are now challenging their machinations. The show has the basis for a very good story. I'm still not sure what the damn solar eclipse has to do with everything. It's bet it's somehow related to Peter Petrelli's atomic explosion outside the atmosphere, but that's just a guess.

Season finale... Discuss it afterward? opcorn

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin