Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Default Urban Safari w/ your hostess Jennifer Justice

shooting the first episode this weekend in San Francisco... its gonna be a travel show like wild on w/ brooke burke but targeted at gay venues, themes, events, and ppl... soooooo any ideas where i should go while im there? -j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss_tx__large_0242_613.jpg 
Views:	10321 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	129078  

Veteran Poster

Sounds great Jen. When/where will the show appear?

Any plans for a Texas version?

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Congrats, sounds cool. If you're going to shoot an episode in Minneapolis, let me know, Jenn.

Default Re: Drag in a Bag w/ your hostess Jennifer Justice

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    shooting the first episode this weekend in San Francisco... its gonna be a travel show like wild on w/ brooke burke but targeted at gay venues, themes, events, and ppl... soooooo any ideas where i should go while im there? -j
    Fantastic! You'll be a Californian in no time! Anyway, here's a few websites you can look into:

http://www.tgsf.org/

http://www.ucsf.edu/cge/lgbtr/

http://www.divassf.com/

The first site is the transgender SF site, and they are organizing a Cotillion for January, so maybe your program may want to explore some of the behind the scenes activities there. They are asking people to register for their Ms TGSF 2008 "Now" -- so you may want to enter that and give some kind of report on being a contestant.

The second site is a contact for more serious exploration: it's the University of California San Francisco (my alma mater) and they may have a some interesting people to interview there: Eg., Tim Kelly, MD:

UCSF Pediatrics Department Vice Chair and Clinical Professor Tim Kelly, MD, received the 2006 UCSF Chancellor’s GLBT Leadership Award for a faculty member. Kelly has been with UCSF since 1999 and is regarded as one of the most compassionate, caring, and well-respected members of his department.

At the GLBT Awards ceremony, Kelly told the story of a five-year-old girl in the UCSF Medical Center who asked about the rainbow sticker on his nametag. He explained that wearing the sticker shows his support for all types of families, including those with two moms and two dads. The girl replied, “That’s cool--I want a sticker, too!”

“This anecdote teaches us that children are incredibly accepting, but that, systematically, we become less tolerant as we age,” said Kelly. “Somehow we unlearn what is inherent or instinctive: natural acceptance.”

As an openly gay professor, he not only advises students in LGBT patient care but also serves as a role model, creating a comfortable environment for others in the School of Medicine why may want to come out. In addition, he often uses educational conferences to discuss gender identity, sexuality, and intersex issues that may emerge in childraising.

As Chair of the UCSF Chancellor’s GLBTI Advisory Committee from 2003 through 2005, Kelly contributed to the 2005 Visibility Project, which highlighted the work and lives of UCSF LGBT community members.

“I want to take us from tolerance to acceptance to celebration, which is for me the ultimate goal,” says Kelly. “Tolerance is not even negotiable. The realistic goal is acceptance--but we can dream of celebration.”
    The Divas Nightclub bills itself as the premier TG nightclub in SF, so this may be another venue to investigate.
    _____
    Other venues would be Castro Street, which was the original epicenter of gay activity in SF a few years back... I don't know whether it still is or not. The Gay Parade (the name's been changed to something like SF Pride parade) is in June, and it goes down Market Street, starting at Beale St. and ending at 8th St.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mstgsf2007_350.jpg 
Views:	10201 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	129079  

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

yay!! this is awesome!!!! jen, i'm so happy for you!!! when are you coming to nyc? i can be on your show and you can be on mine!

Platinum Poster

mike- were shooting in tx in NOV. for pagent season... ill be running for my miss austin which is a pre-lim for tx which is pre-lim for usa... and also shooting the usa @ large pagent in SA...

falrune... wow ty for the informative links im definately checking into that...

e- :* .... dont have a date yet but i know were going bc theres some event they want me to host and film at

as far as airing... its gonna be a web based show so that way we can get away w/ showing and doing a lot more in the beginning and reach a broader audience -j

Nashville! Nashville! Nashville!

You sell whatever you want, but don't sell it here tonight. (Bullitt)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKg27i5Y3T4

Professional Poster

No idea but it sounds like a great idea!!

congrats with the show !!!!

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Platinum Poster

thnx you guys.... and just in case no one got it.. thats my brother in the pic