Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

I've had some tough jobs, but tire re-treader had to be the toughest.
    Some of the tires were heavier than me.
    Worked there two days and quit.

Veteran Poster

Deep-sea fisherman. Three words: boring and stinking.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Rogers
    Deep-sea fisherman. Three words: boring and stinking.
    Damn, they make it look so interesting on the discovery channel.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Gold Poster

I worked in a nursing home (old people's home) when i was still at school..i worked weekends and anytime i was off.

There's nowhere more depressing than a place with rotting old people with pissy pants! (especially as i was going through my drug days)

Luckily i was just a cleaner and didn't have to clean their shitty assholes, but i did have to clean a lot of toilets

Finding what parts I could, of a buddy in Nam. Oh.... Thanks for bringin' it up.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Finding what parts I could, of a buddy in Nam. Oh.... Thanks for bringin' it up.
    That's pretty harsh..sorry man

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

janitor in an aluminum foundary when i was in my teens.

hot, gritty, nasty, sweaty and dirty. yeah yeah it sounds sexy, but believe me it wasn't.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Rookie Poster

Teenage summer job - "on call, post event cleanup crew"

Three of the calls were to scoop poop from the animals in summer parades. I started off with dignity but was completely wrung out as the parade went on. The worst part covered the last 1/3 of the route where everyone was absolutely drunk and took no hesitation in verbally humiliating me.

It was a bit like the wave - only in insults rather than raised arms. A drunk guy just behind me would finish harassing me just as the sauced group of teens would holler something disgusting, fully encouraging the next group of creeps just up the street to lay into me.

Got paid $20.

Shit. Literally and figuratively.

Fox

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousChocolateThaiGuy
    I've had some tough jobs, but tire re-treader had to be the toughest.
    Some of the tires were heavier than me.
    Worked there two days and quit.
    Been there and done that. My uncle had a tire shop and I was free teenage labor. I've still got shoulders like a damned gorilla from slingin',retreading,and changing tires.

There's a reason most of the guys who work in tire shops are ex-cons or drug addicts. It's shitty job.

One of the worst jobs I ever had would probably surprise some of you. I worked road crew/security for a regional entertainment promoter in the 70's. It's was a fucking grind. Lived on speed and cheeseburgers. You'd set up,deal w/ unruly fans/primadonna acts,tear down,drive all night and do it all again,day after fucking day.

The upside was the drugs were good and you got the pick of the local girls wanting back stage. After you picked up the clap for the umpteenth time even the latter lost it's appeal.

Ancient Pervert.

I've done my service Platinum Poster Willie Escalade's Avatar

Working at a soul food restaurant on Sundays after church. You'd think the customers would be more polite but it was exactly the opposite. Mothers' Day sucked as well. And being a restaurant dishwasher sucked all of the time.

William Escalade is no more. He's done his service to the site.