Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    "Qui Audet Adipiscitur" 5 Star Poster KiraHarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig
    Arby's...demeaning, isn't it?
    Funny we made the meat for Arby's

Has anyone noticed the Arby's hat looks like the head of a Penis

Junior Poster

mine was at micheals arts n crafts, just lousy people to work for...some of these jobs Mike Rowe wouldnt even touch but hey you gotta get fed and bills gotta get paid. mad props to those who struggle

....black rain falls indoors and outside

Junior Poster

I'm suprisedno one mentioned Being a telephone solicitor, did that for a year as me very first job!

Never again!

God save me from stupid people...

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    hooker on craigslist... yeah that was a real highlight
    Yeah Jen, I can relate... Worse than CL - try Sunset Blvd.

I made paint for two days - and I once had a high paying job at a defense plant where I had to undergo an FBI background check.

My job... bear in mind this required a "Top Secret" clearance... I screwed little plastic caps onto the threads of 50 cent titanium screws the govt paid $60 each for that went into some airplane. I lasted 4 days on that one.

And I worked for a few months in a convelscent hospital. It maybe wasn't my worst but surely my saddest job. I remember one old guy who'd had a stroke and would beg anyone passing by to kill him. And the old people nobody ever came to visit, and one day you'd come to work and the bed would be empty.

Sigh,
    TS Jamie

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by justatransgirl
    I once had a high paying job at a defense plant where I had to undergo an FBI background check.

My job... bear in mind this required a "Top Secret" clearance... I screwed little plastic caps onto the threads of 50 cent titanium screws the govt paid $60 each for that went into some airplane. I lasted 4 days on that one.
    Was this before or after you transitioned? I only ask because I used to know a guy in the BDSM community who refused to use his real name or let anyone take pictures of him because he had a government contract as an engineer and anything in his background that he might be "blackmailable" for would get him fired.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Worst job... picking apples. It was in college.

Not picking off apples off the tree, but from apples that had already fallen off the tree (for cider).

I'd get paid $7 to fill a 3x3x3 box (thats 27 sq feet of apples)

I decided to quit after some a picked up an apple and a bunch of tiny bees flew out of a hole in the ground and stung me.

Now I work in a white collar job and I'm lucky to go outside.

Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Professional Poster

I was a package handler at UPS in college. It was decent money for a 18-19 year old kid. But the plant was filthy. After my shift, I'd blow my nose and pitch black shit would come out.

I became a bartender after that.

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

"great" input folx

I knew I wasnt the only veteran of the shit-job-squad....

(a sidenote: tomSelis, ur current avatar is priceless )

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Back when I did YUM and guys started calling me up was thee worst job I ever had (You couldnt screen the guys wanting to come see you and it's hard to gauge what they might look like from their voices alone). It was a total nightmare! Thankgoodness for Hellfire Club so I switched doing BDSM and started working as a pro domme. Which I totally enjoyed! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    *Oh, and doing clean-up at a pork processing plant was pretty nasty too!
    Niiiice...Was it in summer time?
    Quite a few, actually. Now, the "fabrication" floor wasn't so bad; it was usually refrigerated and, since it was finishied product, just had trimmings to deal with.

Kill floor, OTOH, that's where all the interesting stuff was. Blood, guts, nuts, and damned-if-I-know-whats, it was all there on an unrefrigerated, and rather hot, kill floor. The worst stuff, for smell and general pain-in-the-ass factor, to work with was, interestingly enough, the hair! We used high pressure steam hoses, so as soon as you hit the stuff, it exploded everywhere! It was a bitch to control, and, since the pigs had been stuck and "boiled" before they were dehaired, well, the smell *of animal dander, coupled with boiled blood and pig shit took one hell of a strong stomach to deal with.

Definitely preferred the fab floor!

*Edit: so THAT's what the "preview" button's for!

Looking for an exciting, recession-proof career opportunity??
    click here