Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

In response to the surgical complication issues:

1: Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2007 Apr;131(2):226-30. Epub 2006 May 5. Links
    Do transsexuals have micturition disorders?

Kuhn A, Hiltebrand R, Birkhäuser M.
    Frauenklinik, Inselspital Bern, Effingerstr. 102, CH-3010 Bern, Switzerland. annette.kuhn@insel.ch

OBJECTIVE: Transsexualism occurs with an estimated prevalence of 2.4:100,000 male-to-female (MTF) and 1:100,000 female-to-male (FTM) transsexuals. As sex reassignment surgery involves surgery of the urethra and transsexuals are substituted life-long with the cross gender hormones there could possibly arise micturition disorders. Aim of the study was to determine if transsexuals have an increased risk of micturition disorders and if so which. STUDY DESIGN: Between January and July 2003 we examined 25 transsexuals whereof 18 were MTF and 7 were FTM transsexuals using King's Health Questionnaire, visual analogue scale for patient's well being, perineal and transabdominal ultrasound, urine dipstick and uroflow measurement. RESULTS: 17 out of 25 patients considered themselves very happy. In MTF transsexuals, a diverted stream, overactive bladder and stress urinary incontinence was a common problem. Prostate volume was small with 20 g and palpation did not confirm and solid or suspicious lesions. None of the patients had significant residual urine but MTF transsexuals had a reduced urinary flow. We could not detect a current urinary tract infections in any of the patients. CONCLUSION: Transsexuals have an increased risk for the development of micturition disorders including stress urinary incontinence and overactive bladder compared to age-matched control groups and should be counselled preoperatively. Reasons for the development of incontinence might be surgery including pudendal nerve damage, hormonal reasons and ageing.

PMID: 16678333 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

1: Urologe A. 1996 Jul;35(4):331-7. Links
    [Long-term outcome of sex reassignment of male transsexual patients]

[Article in German]

Jarrar K, Wolff E, Weidner W.
    Urologische Klinik, Urologische Universitätsklinik, Giessen.
    We report on our experience and our results with gender reassignment during the past 20 years. This study investigates the cosmetic and functional adequacy of the neovagina and also the psychological and social status in 37 surgically reassigned male-to-female transsexuals after a mean postsurgical follow-up of 7.5 years. There were 169 subjects who desired operations to adjust sex. In 58 cases the diagnosis "transsexualism" was supported by two psychosomatic and psychiatric expert opinions. We carried out 52 such operations in two stages. The mean age of the patients was 29 (18-40) years. The depth of the neovagina was approximately 12 cm, a cosmetic and physiologic result which adds greatly to the patients' satisfaction. There were no complications such as rectal or urethral fistulas. In one patient, vaginal stenosis developed after reoperation at a different institution. Three patients complained about short vaginas (6-9 cm). Correspondingly, the psychosocial status showed good improvement after surgery.

PMID: 8928364 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Veteran Poster

Hmmm. I think it sounds like transexuals are more of a safe route for you. I had a failed gay experience before....I was coaxed into it and I didnt enjoy it, nor did I enjoy the feel of a man's body, the desire to kiss a man, or have sex but TS seemed like a safe route to enjoy a similar experince with the feel and essence of a woman and her body. I fantisized as a child about women with similar privates before I even knew they existed, but I'm still attracted and love GG's. What I'm trying to say is it seems like you have an infatuation with male genitalia by not being attracted to GG. TS are just like GG with one different aspect, and if you only like TS, what does that tell you your focusing on?

Reality is perception.