Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Wait...
    They upgrade their flotation devices for safety and survival purposes and get grief for it?
    If it had been the army, would she have had bigger bazookas
    You betcha!

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Isn't it important that every part of a military servicewoman stand at attention?

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Post 2200

T ransgender A merican
    V eterans A ssociation

http://www.tavausa.org/

Q10. How can I have my VA and DOD records changed to reflect my new name and gender identity?

A10. Name. Veterans may change their names in the VA databases (national and local healthcare facility) by forwarding a letter request with a certified copy of the court ordered name change to both the regional VA office that holds one's records and one's primary healthcare facility. Retirees may do the same with DoD by providing their parent service's personnel command retiree section and the DFAS Columbus Retired Pay Office a certified copy of the court ordered name change. A new retired ID card can be issued and a DEERS name change entry made at any military Pass and ID office by presenting a certified copy of the court ordered name change. Note that the DD-214 cannot be changed once issued; however, if one legally changes name in the military records prior to discharge or retirement, the original DD-214 will be issued in the new name.

Gender (VA). Veterans may change their gender markers in the VA databases (national and local healthcare facility) by forwarding a notarized copy of the surgeon's letter that confirms accomplishment of SRS/GRS/GCS to both the regional VA office that holds one's records and one's primary healthcare facility.

Gender (DoD). Veterans may request a change of gender marker in DoD records by submitting a Form DD 149, Application for Correction of Military Record parent service's records correction activity (e.g., the Board for Correction of Naval Records). Include as a minimum a certified copy of the court-ordered name change and a notarized copy of the surgeon's SRS/GRS/GCS confirmation letter. Expect the process to take a year or more. The corrections activity, acting in the name of the Service Secretary (e.g., Secretary of the Army), will task the appropriate military personnel command to issue a Statement of Service in your new name and gender. The Form DD 214 -- which does not show gender -- will NOT be changed or amended because the name at time of discharge or retirement is considered to have been correct at that time. Issue of the Statement of Service can take up to an additional six months.

Retirees can send a copy of the Statement of Service by letter to the Retired Pay Office, DFAS Columbus, requesting the gender marker to be changed 'wherever recorded in DFAS databases.' This is important because DFAS issues a periodic master tape that overrides any data in the DEERS database.

Changing the retiree's DEERS gender marker can be done at a military Pass and ID office by presenting the surgeon's letter and the Statement of Service showing your new gender. If the retiree is unmarried, the Pass and ID personnel can make the change. If the retiree is married, attempting to change the gender marker would result in a same sex marriage; so the change is blocked. Advise the local personnel to call their DEERS Help Desk (Research and Analysis), which can override the block on same-sex spouses. If the retiree's spouse has also changed sex (i.e., an MTF/FTM couple), the local office can change both gender markers before pressing the Enter key. Patience and a sense of humor are advised when coaching local military personnel through this procedure.

5 Star Poster

And amazing Peggy - where do you find this great info! Thanks.

My partner joined the Navy to save money for a sex change. giggle.

Taking hormones on duty and cross dressing didn't go over very well with the military and she was asked to leave. (Actually she was afraid of getting raped aboard ship.)

I wonder - does anyone know if the American Legion has a policy for dealing with transsexuals? Since membership is offered to MALE members of the Armed Forces during time of war. What happens? If one has a sex change they are legally female, but still biologically male - AND if they were male at the point of qualification should a later sex change negate membership, if so why.

Presents some interesting issues which I don't think have been explored yet. Mainly it's called having your cake and eating it too.

Giggle,
    TS Jamie

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by tubgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    since when does "legend" know anything about paying taxes? Is watching cartoons and playing videogames now a job?
    Having a job is what pays taxes for me and to have guys who have no since of financial awareness to comment on my personal life is a fucking joke.Do you get receipts from eros or the girl across the street,i can tell you i do get them from videogame and dvd purchases.
    you little fucking hypocrite. that is what you do to everyone in your little rants.

and you are wanted in about 3 other threads...
    Well you crawled out of your cave to say that!No input on the topic at hand whatsoever,i made a comment on the topic and didn't decide to bring any unnecessary drama like must guys here tend to do.It seems like the majority of drama queens around here are guys.Wanted??oh you mean like the time you ignored sarahg's response to your hate crime bs post in which you ignored just to tell me why i'm i bumping that tortured case thread,i think your the hypocrite.
    can you diagram that last sentence for me?

**edit**

and what was i supposed to say to sarah in that thread? thank you? sorry? she made a very valid point that i had not thought of prior to posting.

it's not like i have any threads with my name on them that i avoid at all costs...

Nothing to see here folks.