Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyclists

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    the only reason I don't ride a road bike is because the ones I am interested in are anywhere from $5-6k
    $5-$6k? for a bike?

I'm curious, do people drive in new york or rely on public transport?
    is there any room to park a car if you own one?

So who knows the history of New Amsterdam?
    Sigh, yes we drive in NYC, although the city would be much more efficient if folks used public transportation more and got tax cuts for cycling to work to save the environment, but Detroit and Japan wouldn't like that.
    There's plenty of places to park in the city, as a matter of fact one of the most profitable businesses in NYC is owning a parking lot. You hire a foreigner to sit in a booth and sometimes shuffle vehicles for minimum wage while you charge people anywhere from $20/hr to $150/day to park their vehicles.
    What's funny about these replies Kriss is that I've been to the Netherlands and I've bought some high priced stuff for my high priced bikes over there, stuff I couldn't get over here in the states. While it is true you will find thousands of standard day to day bicycles on one of the many thousands of swamped bike racks in places like Den Haag or Amsterdam what you will not see are the bikes like mine, they are for recreation not main use

it is what it is, yes I've spent a few thousand on bikes & parts, nothing in comparison to guys & girls spending thousands on engine parts to make their hondas/chevy's/or whatever else car manufacturer out there faster............

back to you Felicia, I don't like cyclocross, never got into it, but thanks, I'll keep my full suspension XC bike that weighs it's little 24lbs and do my 5 foot jumps and black diamonds

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

Fixed gear road bike. It's pretty flat in Illinois...

I prefer MTB over road, bc a MTB is way more "versatile" than a road bike

another sidenote: did anybody have a BMX-bike in their pre-pimple-faced days???

Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi

Quote Originally Posted by mbf
    I prefer MTB over road, bc a MTB is way more "versatile" than a road bike

another sidenote: did anybody have a BMX-bike in their pre-pimple-faced days???
    my friend has a Look road bike about $7k altogether, I love the acceleration of that thing, the dura ace group is flawless, but so is my XTR drivetrain, and I can jump off stuff with my frame, on that Look he owns I'd break that carbon too easily

interestingly though Look just came out with a carbon hardtail frame, the shit is awesome

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Professional Poster

I had a trek mtb that cost me about $800. It was an aliminum frame one w/ the next level down from shimano's xtr component set. This was like... must have been 7 or 8 years ago. It was super lightweight though, compared to most bikes of the day.
    I wish I could afford a new bike. Maybe a hardtail with a carbon fiber frame. And skis... and a new snowboard... (refrain)

Rookie Poster

I'm an ex-national class road racer who still gets out with the boys for a good, hard hammer. Riding a custom-made Italian jobby, with full Campy Ergo Record.

I also have a mountain bike I used in the fall/winter for schnits and gaggles.

Cyclist from Germany.MTB,21 gears,full suspension,discbrakes.Good condisions for cyclist where i live.We even have roads just for cyclists and walkers.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    sufficient for my needs at the age of *cough* 55.

Dirty

Old

Man

Default Re: Cyclists

Bikes rock...and cyclists are in touch with reality better than fat office slobs

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
    Lewis Carroll

Default Re: Cyclists

Quote Originally Posted by mellownella View Post

Bikes rock...and cyclists are in touch with reality better than fat office slobs
    awesome you dug up this old thread, I literally just got done riding, thinking about riding down to the Queens parade today and hooking up with the HA crew, just nervous about some chick trying to hop on my bike seat as I straddle the frame and her ass implants causing me to topple over..........

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ