Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Woman squashed by plane passenger

I saw a story on CNN about obesity and airline passengers - it said something like obese people cost the airline industry an extra $275 million last year in fuel, and that those costs were being passed on to passengers.

Then I found this story and had to laugh... http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/e...out/index.html

But there really should be a size/weight chart for airline passengers, not just bags. Nothing worse than being squished into your seat by a huge person next to you. I've had it happen before, myself.

Default Re: Woman squashed by plane passenger

Quote Originally Posted by Toro
    Then I found this story and had to laugh... http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/e...out/index.html
    It's definitely a laugh worthy article. Rule one: fat is always funny.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

Indeed, why would a 50kg guy with a 21kg suitcase pay an extra for luggage, while a 150kg guy with a 19kg will actually pay less...

Victoria Holyns' Webmaster.

I read this stuff with mixed feelings. My ex peaked out at over 300#, but it had nothing to do with exercize or eating habits. Sometimes nature is a royal bitch.

To any that care: She is 5' 10" and 'large framed' and has since undergone surgeries that have brought her back to a 'normal' weight range. But still...

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Ouch! In such cases, the obese person ought to travel first class, which has larger seats.

Or in the animal hold..........

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    I read this stuff with mixed feelings. My ex peaked out at over 300#, but it had nothing to do with exercize or eating habits. Sometimes nature is a royal bitch.

To any that care: She is 5' 10" and 'large framed' and has since undergone surgeries that have brought her back to a 'normal' weight range. But still...

I feel bad for people with hormonal problems or if they are overweight because of medication or health reasons, but the thing is... when you are stuck on a plane for 4 hours and you've paid the same as everyone else to fly, yet you're getting squashed by an oversized person next to you, you're getting the shaft. I think that if a person's size infringes on their neighbor, they should have to buy 2 seats.

Or, balance out the mix by putting a screaming baby or small child that can't sit still in the seat next to them...lol.

I feel bad for people with hormonal problems or if they are overweight because of medication or health reasons, but the thing is... when you are stuck on a plane for 4 hours and you've paid the same as everyone else to fly, yet you're getting squashed by an oversized person next to you, you're getting the shaft.
    Yah, my ex flies rarely (She can't stand heights and was majorly tweaked just riding on the Chicago el), but she has had the forethought and decency to warn the carrier of her special needs. Not so much an issue now, but there were times when such a head's up gave some comfort both to her and her fellow passengers.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

i have been stuck like that on metro north...not the best of experiences...

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    i have been stuck like that on metro north...not the best of experiences...
    Yah, well, that's Metro North. 'Nuff said. :P

Professional Poster

Just charge them doublefare and let them use two seats. Problem solved.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.