Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Transpassions.com - 100% Free Transsexual Dating Site

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

It's been around for awhile, it looks like they re-tooled their look.

Still has way too many faceless profiles.

Deja vu, all over again.

Junior Poster

Nothing is ever completly free...

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I went back and took another look at the site. It's a bit better than
    I first stated. There's the ability to upload Youtube videos. They
    appear to be attempting to keep spam and phony profiles to a
    minimum.

There are also appear to be a fair amount of transmen there, which
    is something that you don't see on alot of sites.

And the cherry on the cake, there's quite a few post op woman, and
    a decent amount of man seeking them out.

Now if they can only clamp down on those faceless profiles, they would
    be all that, and a bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    it looks like they re-tooled their look.
    Would that be for MTFTM's?

I never understood why a person would bother putting up a profile without a pic on a dating site. Now, before anyone asks, here your pic is almost certain to be viciously ridiculed from the door and reposted ad nauseam whenever you get into it with someone, and/or copied and pasted without your knowledge who knows where for who knows what purpose. But on a dating site, you've gotta put a pic out there if you're really hoping to get any bites.

By the way, I'm sending you a pic Peggy, because I'm comfortable enough with you to do that...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Transgenderdate Rookie Poster

Default Transgenderdate.com - A sincere TG Personals which is FREE

Transgenderdate.com is the first classy TG Dating site to come along and show respect towards the TG Community...and yes Transgenderdate.com is truly 100% free...including Video/Voice IM and user ability to upload videos in any format!

http://www.transgenderdate.com
    The BEST Free TG Personals

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Transgenderdate.com - A sincere TG Personals which is FR

Quote Originally Posted by Transgenderdate
    Transpassions.com seems to be very cookie cutter as they have many other sites in which they just slap a domain name onto. It doesn't seem to have anything that makes it distinctly TG oriented.
    Transgenderdate.com is the first classy TG Dating site to come along and show respect towards the TG Community...and yes Transgenderdate.com is truly 100% free...including Video/Voice IM and user ability to upload videos in any format!
    u sure you're not biased for some reason my friend?

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    I never understood why a person would bother putting up a profile without a pic on a dating site. But on a dating site, you've gotta put a pic out there if you're really hoping to get any bites.
    totally agree.... i get about 300 views a week on my yahoo personal... 7 out of 10 dont have pics.... wtf??

Hi everyone.

Just here to defend the honor of our site...TransPassions.com

Firstly, I would like to say that I'm honored that someone on this site decided to start a thread about our website...and I'd like to say that I like the Transgenderdate.com site that showed up halfway down the thread about us.

It looks like a nice site, and I'm going to copy all of it's good bits as soon as possible.

Seriously though, I would like to point out a few things.

First, both sites are 100% free and both sites are reaching out to the Trans Community...so I hope everyone here who is looking to meet new people will join both sites.

We are not only 100% free, we are 100% happy that there are more and more sites popping up for the Trans Community.

We've been around for about 3 years now, and we're a work in progress. Despite what some may think of our site, we are pretty proud of it, and it will only get better with time. (That is a promise!)

I would like to respond to a comment about our site not speaking to the Trans Community and just being 'cookie cutter'.

I think the person saying that was referring to the fact that there are over 100+ sites in Passions Network, each with it's own community focus. Each site is for a very specific niche, although they all have the same basic navigation and layout. The beauty to this approach is that people do not have to define themselves SOLELY as transgendered when they join Passions Network. They can become members of as many sites as they would like, based on who they are, and what their interests are...Shy Passions, Yoga Passions, Movies Passions, OUT Passions, Atheist Passions...and on and on. This is all done with a single account and a single login.

We try very hard to make each site specific to each community, and if you look at the videos posted within Trans Passions, and the 'Groups' available within our site, you should find a site that is speaking directly to the Trans community. We're far from perfect, and we're still working on some key features to make the site even more 'Trans' centric...but it is far from just cookie cutter. (I would have added a pouty emoticon here if they had one.)

I would like to take my hat off to Transgenderdate.com and welcome them to the 'Trans Dating' world...and I hope they can help to bring many many Trans people together.

That is our goal at Trans Passions, and since we're both free, we don't see any reason why there isn't room for each of our sites (and more).

Here's to hoping we all find love in our lives this year!

Hugs,
    Michael